Mating B.vagans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mating B.vagans

I have had a pair of B.vagans here for a while and last nite decided to put the male in to the females tank and after a few minutes the male started tapping his feet and found the entrance to the females hide.
    After a few minutes of tapping the female started to come out and everything went well and i removed the male after mating.
    The female had returned to her hide before this and has now webbed herself in.
    This is my first attempt at mating 1 of my females and just wondering when or if i should put the male with her again after a few days or do i now just hope it went well ??
    A couple of pics to show and i also filmed it which i'm hoping to add later to show you

This last pic is after and the female returning to her hide

Aarons Collection:

well i will add a video at some point but seem to be havin trouble uploading it at min
    So can anyone tell me if i put the 2 together again or wait an see wot happens ??
    cheers Aaron

sorry wont be adding the video its uploaded to google but i cant get it to work on here
    Last edited by Aaron Annal; 25-02-10, 08:03 PM.

Aarons Collection:

Comment

Hi Aaron, I hope the breeding is successful! Why not upload it to google video or youtube and post the link in a reply to this thread? Its just one extra click to a different web page to watch it then!

Comment

Hi Scott
        Gd idea lol i was tryin to embed it but jus cant work it out lol but here's the link hope it works

Aarons Collection:

Comment

The simplest ways are usually the best! Great pictures by the way, will have to watch the video another time as this internet connection does not like buffering videos!

Comment

hi aaron, i would say definately let him have another go or two. from watching the video, im unsure wether the male managed to get a good enough palp insertion. he seemed to have trouble as she was backed into a corner, it looked as though he had trouble pushing her back enough, also in my experience, there tends to be alot of sprinting on the males part after the deed is done, but it almost looked as though he was sort of trying to stoke her again after he put her back down, as if he hadnt finished and was trying to sweet talk her into having another quickie. im not a greatly experienced person in breeding though so maybe another opinion would be more enlightening.
            THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hi Matthew,Cheers for the reply i also had a feeling he wanted more last nite but she dissappeared down her burrow so guessed she may have had enough lol.
              So do i wait until he has made another sperm web or is he gd to go anyway ?
              Will try and get a better video next attempt

Aarons Collection:

Comment

Working...
              X