Not eating??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not eating??

Hi I am Leanne and just joined this site.
    I was wondering if anybody can help? My Redknee has not eaten for the last 3 weeks - is this normal or should I be worried?
    I have only just entered the hobby and need all the advise I can get

Thank you in anticipation

Leanne

Hi Leanne, welcome to the society,

there's a few reasons why its stopped eating .... your spider may have started its fast before moulting would be the most common, what size is it and has it moulted in your care before, adults like yours will normally moult about once a year (give or take a month or two), juveniles a bit sooner etc. saying all this it may just not be hungry at the moment.
    if you search for "moulting" or "not eating" on the forum you'll come up with a fair few threads in this subject. You can then put your mind at rest with the answers you find. you'll probably have a few more answers here if anyone has anything further to add
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Moulted

Thanks for your infomation Colin.

Woke up Saturday morning to find a freshly moulted spider

How long should it be before I start feeding her again?

Cheers

Leanne

Comment

Hi Leanne,

Depending on size, it can take anything between a few days to a week until your spiders new skin hardens up and is ready to feed again. You could try offering food in a few days, just make sure you remove it if the spider refuses.

Jamie.
        My Collection:

Comment

Hi Leanne and welcome

I'd give her a week to fully harden before attempting to feed.

My Collection:

Comment

Thanks for the info she is really looking quite splendid now she has moulted, will try to offer her a cricket this weekend.

Comment

Glad it moulted ok
              As is said above i'd wait a week or so before feeding to give it time to recover and harden fully (the Genus (Brachypelma) that your spider belongs to are notorious in doing things a little slow)

Don't forget we have a pictures section so you can pop a few images up to show him/her off if you wish
              Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Working...
              X