Need some advice for my poorly Avic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice for my poorly Avic

I noticed yesterday that my reently mated Avic Sp was acting differently. She was holdingher pedipalps under her mouth and herlegs where tucked right in to her body.

Although there is alwaysfresh water in her tank I thought he ma be dehydrated so I encouraged her to move to he othr end f the tank where there was condensation for her to drink.

Looking through the perspex I could see a creamy liquid coming from her mouth. I took a pipett and put some of the liquid in vodka to see it there was any signs of worms. I didnt see any and am led to belive could be a yeast infection.

She is in ICU at present, do I keep her warm and humid or warm and dry with a small water dish?

Hey michael, has your spider been eating recently? If so then i would say that its not any parasitic worm (ie nematode). I have read quite a few threads on various forums about this particular instance in a few sp. yet most did seem to be of the Avic family. One member of another foum sent an example off to the RIESM (Research Institute for Exotic Species Microbiology) and was sent back all clear for parasites etc. The best thing to do would be to post a picture, so a proper diagnosis (if possible) could be made. As far as the ICU if she seems fine (plump abdomen etc) then i would keep her as normal.
    Tarantulas kept:
    0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Comment

She has not eaten since she mated 4 weeks ago, and like idiot I went and steralised the tank before taking pictures.

Comment

Working...
      X