B Smithi molting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B Smithi molting

My B Smithi molted Jan 1st and just molted again yesterday, It has a leg span of about 5cm I think it is about 18 months old .The temp in the tank is about 25C slightly warmer when the heating is on. In between molts it was eating a cricket every couple of days. Is this normal ?

Hi Neil
    That's normal, really.Especjally when you talking about T's.They can really surprise you from time to time..I've heard about cases of even faster moults and sometimes spider didn't eat in between.Just be happy about new moult and see how spider will start recovering.It should take about a week or so.

Comment

yeah they do surprise you sometimes as Muhammed says!
      hmm not keeping this species personally i can't say for sure, but it does sound a tad fast. however, apparently sometimes T's accelerate their moult cycle to fix something that's wrong...though i think this is usually to replace missing limbs or heal wounds (if i remember correctly!)
      you might be feeding a little too often, but it doesn't sound too excessive. you can try feeding one cricket a week, which is a bit less than half as much and she'll probably be ok with that, if she's like the other slow growing species i've kept...
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
      X