Should I be worried???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be worried???

Hi there all, my Chilean rose has suddenly stopped eating!

Its been about 4 weeks now and she hasn't touched a thing, to begin with she was feeding nicely on 1-2 crickets a week...now nothing?!!!? i know she had just molted when i bought her but i am unsure as to how long she should go before she molts again! are the two linked? her abdomen is still plump and not shrivelled so i am sure its not serious but i would be very grateful of any information anyone could give me.

Thanks guys, Huw.

Just to add....i have had her for 4 months now!

Comment

G. rosea are well known for not eating for long periods of time so i really wouldn't worry about it. If it is an adult then it probably won't moult again for a year or two but if it is a spiderling then it could be coming up for a moult.
      Put your arms around me
      Fiddly digits, itchy britches
      I love you all

Comment

If you did a quick search on these forums you would find a wealth of threads regarding the unpredictability of G. Rosea's! I suggest you read everything you can find about your spider, especially from this website as there is great advice and really good information.

But to answer you question, no, you should not be worried. I have had my G. Rosea for around 5 months now. It has not eaten since i received it and although it moulted 2 weeks ago to the day, still shows no interest in food. I am trying a different range of feeding insects but as of yet she has still not eaten. This species is notorious for fasting and is reported to be able to go a year without eating! Just make sure you have a water dish and the temperatures are right and you will be fine!

Comment

Thanks guys...just needed that reassurance!

Comment

Working...
          X