Pseudhapalopus sp-blue help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pseudhapalopus sp-blue help

I have a really tiny sling, thats not eating-i've heard they can be fussy anyway but has anyone had experiance with these b4? Normally i feed all my other sling's bean weevil's, i've also tryed killing the weevil's to see if it'll eat but still not sure.
    Whats the best food for really small sling's?
    If these words he speaks are true,we're all humanary stew, if we dont pledge allegiance to
    the black widow.nahnahnahnahnah nah nah

hi mate, not sure about this species, but i've had a few little ridiculously tiny slow growers...i just use micro crickets, generally.
    i had a couple A iodius slings for whom i squashed tiny crickets for ages, and though i never saw them eat, they grew and great and grew and eventually started killing their own food.
    live microcrickets can be a right pain, but if you can tip them into an intermediate tub before tipping them into the slings tub, you can control the numbers. some have even used salt shakers and the like!
    for slightly bigger crickets, i tip into the corner and use my finger to trap one into the corner or side and gently drag it up to a point where i can get it properly, and then throw it in. not foolproof, but those are the methods i choose...

not sure about this species, but some have their appetites stimulated by higher temps, have you tried upping them a bit?
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

hi daniel,

ive had a couple of these from tiny spiderlings a year ago. they happily took micro-crickets from the off and now theyve grown a bit (not vastly, theyre still only a cm or so) are on crickets and 'roach nymphs. pre-moult fasting is minimal and they are greedy feeders. i keep them on the dry side and average temperatures.

im not keen on bean weevils for spiderlings as certain species appear to refuse them completely, the weevils seem to be just too hard shelled and can give a good kick with their back legs. maybe get some micro's and give them a go.

hope this is of help.

chris

Comment

I agree with the above, and also, I've found tropical white woodlice are good for tiny slings - they are smaller and softer than bean beetles (also, they are harmless and if the sling doesn't eat them they help keep the container free of mould). I've got a tiny Hapalopus eating these at the moment. I only ever bought them once and now I just fish some out of whatever tank they seem most prolific in whenever I want some.

Comment

Quick update-got micro cricket's today and is eating fine!!! All my my other sling's have always eaten been weevil's, this little one's just fussy i guess
          If these words he speaks are true,we're all humanary stew, if we dont pledge allegiance to
          the black widow.nahnahnahnahnah nah nah

Comment

good stuff, mate, glad to hear
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
            X