maturing molt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maturing molt

hi everyone. i have a young brazilian white knee that had a 3 inch leg span aprox before it molted last monday and now has shot out to i would say a 5 inch leg span i got as close as i could with a ruler. im not sure if it,s male or female there's no bulbs on the pedipalps or any mating hooks either. i was just wondering what size these t's get to before revealing there gender. i cant put a photo on here as i've try'de before with no luck so hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on this. i do have a mature female white knee so i know they get very big just trying to find out what gender the youngster might be cheers everyone.

Originally posted by vincent winyard View Post
    hi everyone. i have a young brazilian white knee that had a 3 inch leg span aprox before it molted last monday and now has shot out to i would say a 5 inch leg span i got as close as i could with a ruler. im not sure if it,s male or female there's no bulbs on the pedipalps or any mating hooks either. i was just wondering what size these t's get to before revealing there gender. i cant put a photo on here as i've try'de before with no luck so hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on this. i do have a mature female white knee so i know they get very big just trying to find out what gender the youngster might be cheers everyone.
    Have you tried sexing the exuvium(shed skin) of the spider??? Its hard to give an accurate estimate as they are all different, evens sibling from the same sac can be different. You would be looking for evidence of the spermathecae on the inside of the skin at the genital opening.
    2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

hi there michael i did have a look at the molt but it was a bit mangled and had trouble seeing what i was looking for. i was going to compare it with photo's in a book i have but just couldn't manage to make it out. thanks for your help mate i guess i'll just have to hope the next molt's not so damaged and it'll be easier fo figure it out thank's again michael

Comment

Working...
      X