Lasiodora Parahybana Sling, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lasiodora Parahybana Sling, need help

First of all heya all, sorry i havent posted on the boards in such a long time.
    I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise with a problem i have.

One of the lasiodora slings i have is looking a bit sorry for him/her self.

They're still fairly small (2cm) or so 3 at a push. One is moving fairly gingerly and is pretty un-responsive.
    Could anyone suggest something i could do to try perk it up? I've ensured some moisture, a light spraying....not sure what else to do.
    Mike x

Originally posted by Michael Peachey View Post
    First of all heya all, sorry i havent posted on the boards in such a long time.
    I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise with a problem i have.

One of the lasiodora slings i have is looking a bit sorry for him/her self.

They're still fairly small (2cm) or so 3 at a push. One is moving fairly gingerly and is pretty un-responsive.
    Could anyone suggest something i could do to try perk it up? I've ensured some moisture, a light spraying....not sure what else to do.
    Mike x
    What temp you keeping them at?? I would suggest uping the temp a few degrees, are the others moving like that??
    2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

Well, only got 1 other. Which seems fine. So i could perhaps just move it nearish to a heat mat im using for another tarantula yeah?

Comment

might it be dehydration? sometimes spiders get distracted from important things like drinking... i've found hand watering helps sometimes..
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

How would i try hand watering though? Never done it or know what it is

Comment

True to your word, a hour or so closer to the heat mat and he/she is looking alot happier now I think i actually worked out why it happened, we lost our boiler for a few days so the average temp in my room must have dropped. Gona keep them near the heat mat for the future though
            Thanks very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Peachey View Post
              True to your word, a hour or so closer to the heat mat and he/she is looking alot happier now I think i actually worked out why it happened, we lost our boiler for a few days so the average temp in my room must have dropped. Gona keep them near the heat mat for the future though
              Thanks very much!
              Glad to hear it. Just had an inkling, as I've seen T's look disorientated and sluggish when they are a bit cold.
              2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

Working...
              X