Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how often to feed juvi smithi 1 inch ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how often to feed juvi smithi 1 inch ?????

cannot find the answer online

Personally I'd try and follow a natural feeding regimen for it and give it a cricket just about half its own body size between 5 and 7 days apart, (you could feed smaller items a little more often of course if you wish) Spiders are opportunistic feeders so it's not drastic that you stick to a definite routine. All our slings here get fed once a week in different combinations of size and amounts of prey items, bit of variation doesn't harm in my opinion.
    Access to water at all times for the little chap too.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

i dont have a set routine for feeding my spids
      they get fed when ever i get around to it.
      they always have water though.!
      'A Woman's Prayer:
      Dear Lord, I pray for: Wisdom, To understand a man , to Love and to forgive him , and for patience, For his moods. Because Lord, if I pray for Strength I'll just beat him to death'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning thats as good as their going to feel all day.

Comment

my personal method is this:
        i tend to check weekly, and if a sling is losing weight, so to speak, i'll feed it up.
        i try not to get them TOO fat, but with slow growers, i do feed generously when they need it, but it can be a while before i deem they're ready.
        i suppose my method is kind of a feast and famine approach...they seem to do ok with it, but it does require checking. sometimes i'll feed them if it's been over a couple weeks regardless.
        water i think is more important, though...they can get by with surprisingly infrequent feeding.
        the above applies to my slow growers, which i thought most applicable for this, thosugh i have never owned a B smithi specifically, only a few other species of Brachypelma.

the fast growers tend to eat more regularly, probably weekly, again, unless they're quite fat already.
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
        X