Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awaiting Arrival

Hi there,

I am waiting for a new arrival, I have ordered a King Baboon and have been busy the past few days altering my Tarantula room. I have bought a fairly large tank which allows for deep substrate and have made a substrate mix of tropical terrain and a shredded bark (this was to give the mix some body so that tunnels wont easily collapse). I have moss and a fair sized water dish.
    Any other suggestions. Thanks.

Hi Andrew, make sure that's not cedar bark as it's toxic to T's, once the C. Crawshayi goes to ground, you'll be lucky to see it again lol.

Comment

Take a picture of it when you first put it in......something to look back on to see what it looked like .
      Seriously though,they are pretty good at hiding deep underground never to be seen again....lol
      Think I used compacted coir and playsand for substrate.
      It is also a good idea to make a starter burrow using a piece of broom handle to punch a hole through the substrate.....the T should make full use of it to get underground and start tunneling.
      paul
      Last edited by Guest; 30-03-10, 06:16 PM.

Comment

if memory serves me rightly for the dimensions, my adult C. crawshayi are in 8" x 8" by 15" high Custom Aquaria tanks...
        they've created burrows to their liking at the bottom, and the best part is, they have dug right to the glass, so i can see them both!
        they're happy with this arrangement too
        you don't need masses of floor space for them to feel happy...though i've heard for breeding they need more privacy and space for an extra chamber.
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
        X