Best room to keep a T in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best room to keep a T in?

I've got my b.smithi in my bedroom at the moment. She seams quite happy there and is doing fine (even if she is refusing to eat at the moment).

I was thinking about moving her into the living room in a nice shady corner, as I'd like to be able to have the lights on in my room in the evening to read by.

Obviously, the living room gets a lot more traffic and is a lot louder then my room (especially when my daughter has the TV remote).

Would this be a bad idea? I don't want to be placing her under too much stress just for the sake of catching up on my reading.
    Boris's Diary - written by me, he might have 8 legs but he's not big enough to press the keys yet.

Our spiders are ket in a little spider room and the living room, there's no concernable difference regarding the activities of the spider for each room.
    The living room has us walking about, bird noise, TV/music noise with no problems. When Elaine drags the hover out we have a mass exodus of Avics to the front of their cereal tubs, accompanied sometimes with a little drumming, i would assume that the hoover motor/vibration offers some stimulus but there's no real signs of "stress" as we would perceive it.
    I would say that you should have your spider in any room you want, as long as there's no direct banging or excessive vibration to the tank and the temps and humidity stay within acceptable parameters it should be fine
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

We live in a small studi flat and we have all our creatures in the main living area, also with no problems at all, in fact they are usually all sat out in the open all spread out and relaxed seemingly.

Comment

Hi,
        I also have all my T's in my main living room most sit out in the open and dont seem to mind the hoover or my music on or any of the noise my children can create.

Aarons Collection:

Comment

I have my T in the living room. In the evening the lights are dim so I can see her on her heat mat from were I sit watching t.v.
          One thing to watch as I have found is the sun shines through the windows at different times of day. So at 10am the sunshine does not reach her end of the room but by 11am onwards it shines directly on her tererium. If im going out I close the curtains so there is no chance of the sun shinning on her. If im at home and the sun is in and out, I have a solid room screen which I place around her tererium so i can still have the curtains open (to see the garden birds) but there is no chance the sun will shine on her.

Comment

Have are a few in one of the smaller rooms downstairs (a few more over the other side as well) ,where we normally relax and watch tv....see pic. and we have a few scorpions and frogs upstairs in the boys room.
            Don't think it matters where they go TBH.
            Last edited by Guest; 01-04-10, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. Out of all the books I've read none of them mention where's best for them to live (other then in a tank). I've moved the tank into the living room. She seams quite content now. No more shaky floorboards underneath her.
              Boris's Diary - written by me, he might have 8 legs but he's not big enough to press the keys yet.

Comment

we have all ours in the spider room aswell, I am planning on having a nice display T in our lounge,
                but I keep them all together for ease of feeding etc to be honest,

Comment

Working...
                X