Sad news ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad news ...

Today is a sad day friends. I wanted to report happiness on my first post in a while but sadly Scooby my G.Rosea of 4 years appears to having his last hoorah. He decimated a bunch of crickets in the last week but now sits the with most of his legs curled underneath him unresponsive to virtually anything including touch. He was not a juvenile when I got him quite the contrary he was approaching fully grown so for him to survive 2-3 years longer than expected is quite the miracle. However in the last 10 minutes he has become completley unrespnosive to anything and I fear time may be against him. Unfortunatley I do not have the capacity to post pictures or else I would. If in your prayer you think of him I would be grateful.
    Yours in sadness
    Sam
    "If you play with fire you'll get burned". Well I keep tarantulas so does that mean I'm going to get bitten even if I'm ultra-super-careful?

Short Answer: Yes (I have)(twice!!)(off a G.Rosea!!)

Awwwww Sam, how sad you must be today. If he does not appear to recover soon (as it sounds like he won't) spend some time with him before he goes and I'm sure he'll be greatly missed.
    Thinking of you and Scooby!
    x x x
    Owner of:
    A. chalcodes "Rio", X.immanis "Cuervo" and OBT sling "Salsa"

Mummy of:
    Yelina (4 yrs old, RIP GBB juvie "Kama")
    Blake (2 yrs old, owner of juvie L. parahybana "Nachos")

Comment

Thank you for your kind words Joanna. Incredibly he is still holding on but not long I think. Maybe a day or two. It's a difficult time.
      Thank you for your support
      Sam
      "If you play with fire you'll get burned". Well I keep tarantulas so does that mean I'm going to get bitten even if I'm ultra-super-careful?

Comment

Hello Sam, how is Scooby today?
        x
        Owner of:

Mummy of:

Comment

Sorry I couldn't reply Joanna I was watching to see for any signs of improvment. This morning however my worst fears have been realized. Scooby died last night presumably whilst I was sleeping. I checked on him this morning and he is gone. Hopefully he is no longer in pain as he had become week to the point that he couldn't even move his legs properly. Thank you for you kind words. Long will Scooby be remembered.
          Yours in sadness
          Sam

Comment

Awwww, how sad, I'm sure it's for the best though. He had a long life for a male and at least he's not in any pain now.

R.I.P Scooby, much loved, sorely missed, never forgotten!

x x x
            Owner of:

Mummy of:

Comment

Sorry to hear your news Sam...one thing to come from this though is you must have been really good to him as he lasted longer than expected.

RIP Scooby
              Cheers

Denny

Re-formed arachnophobic since Dec '09

Comment

Working...
              X