Update on our first GBB sling!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on our first GBB sling!!!!

At 7.10am this morning we received our sling! I'm not sure who was more excited, myself or my daughter.

We are waiting on a delivery tomorrow (including my sub-adult A. chalcodes ) with a jar for raising her in and some micro crickets etc.

At the moment she is settling into a very small tupperware container with lock lids. It is around 4 times her body length maybe a little more, so I'm thinking it's too big for now?

A kind friend has given us a bag of vermiculate til the coir fibre substrate arrives tomorrow, is she/he ok on this? Also how moist does it need to be? I don't really know how to prepare the vermiculate for a sling?

Other than the container/substrate issue though she is fine. She seems happy and not too unnerved by the journey. Id say she is around 3/4" to 1" in size, although I didnt want to go poking around measuring her and distrubing her (please not I am terrible at guessing sizes!). She is 2nd instar though if anyone can get a better feel of the size from that. She is friendly and curious and ran over my finger a bit when I was trying to get her from her shipping container to the tupperware one. She does not seem scared of me, and she is bloody fast!

Sat staring at her for quite some time earlier, have had to drag myself away!

Pictures to follow once she is set up and chilled out!

J x
    Owner of:
    A. chalcodes "Rio", X.immanis "Cuervo" and OBT sling "Salsa"

Mummy of:
    Yelina (4 yrs old, RIP GBB juvie "Kama")
    Blake (2 yrs old, owner of juvie L. parahybana "Nachos")

Glad she is there and settling in well Jo

Comment

We went with the vermiculate for now, and she seems happy enough. At first she just sat there then climbed the wall so I think it was too damp for her. Now she is happy she has run round a bit, onto the top of her hide and then back down and round the floor and is currently sitting peacefully at the entrance to her hide. she hasnt been in yet though.

Her new home:

And some close ups of the gorgeous girl! (or boy maybe lol, we don't know I'm just going with girl anyway!)

J x
      Owner of:
      A. chalcodes "Rio", X.immanis "Cuervo" and OBT sling "Salsa"

Mummy of:
      Yelina (4 yrs old, RIP GBB juvie "Kama")
      Blake (2 yrs old, owner of juvie L. parahybana "Nachos")

Comment

Looks gorgeous! i'll try and get some pics of my big girl GBB for you to see them in there beauty!

Comment

Working...
        X