moving h.gigas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving h.gigas

i need to move my h.gigas from its old home to a new on shes only small but to big for her current tank whats the best way to get her out her burrow ?

Hi Drew, I use a small lemonade bottle with the end cut of, remove the lid and place a piece of kitchen roll in to plug the opening...then prod the spider into the bottle with a paintbrush, once in then you can coax the spider out by pushing the kitchen roll plug and leaving the spider no option but to leave the bottle. I use this method for juvies through to adults with no problems at all.
    steve

Comment

I've found the best way for me is to tip out the original tub into a larger box and then catch the spider in a cricket tub.
      Another idea i tried with a larger sling was to transfer the whole contents of the small tub into a larger tub and then fill in around it with substrate, the sling just "held up" in it's original burrow the whole time, a bit fiddly but it worked (more by luck than judgement i think though) if you dampen the original tub enough so the substrate holds together then you can get the contents out as a whole.
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

what i've done in the past is to 'play' with the webbing at the mouth of the borrow, it then comes out thinking food is there, when fully out i then just gently coax it into a waiting tub and lid, then move spider to new house open lid then gently cox out with tongs going from the back of the spider.

Comment

thanks all i with your idea colin but she now thinks shes an arboreal T bless her shel come to her scenes soon

Comment

Working...
          X