P. Murinus Eggsac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P. Murinus Eggsac?

Does anyone who has bred p.murinus (orange form/RCF) know how long the gestation period is and roughly how many slings you can expect? I have heard of some Murinus females "double clutching" etc. The reason i ask is that i may have a eggsac for my female, i say "may" as i am not 100% sure. There are a few reasons for me being sceptical, 1. When i bought said T the seller didnt know if she was WC or CB, 2. i have not personally mated her (although it was on the cards), 3. in the weeks before she completely webbed herself away she ate heavily (3+ large crickets every week). My initial thoughts were she was due a moult and was a SA not adult. Curiosity got the better of me and at night i would try and see through the webbing and can see what looks like a thick white ball...obv being orange she sticks out like a sore thumb lol .

I have decided to throw caution to the wind and not disturb her and in 15 days or so have a look through top of cage with torch etc,and then after 30 days peeking though the webbing. Being the first sac, it is odd when you are looking for a pre-formatted notion of what an eggsac looks like, and finding out that murinus lay hammocks... could anyone shed light on this mystery? A photo is forthcoming
    Tarantulas kept:
    0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

I mated my P. murinus in April last year and had the result of nymphs within 3 months. Like you I found it hard to be 100% sure as the webbing was prolific, however I could observe movement within the hammock sac. If you were going to incubate the eggs I'd suggest 30-45 days after mating.
    I didn't do anything special for the sac, occassional watering of the substrate.
    They are known for twin sacs, although its not always the case.

Hopefully it doesnt just turn out to be phantom sac.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Thanks for the info peter, i have a bad feeling it could be a phantom sac as i havent mated her...but when i bought her the guy said he didnt know whether she was wild caught or not etc. Hopefuly ill be lucky lol
      Tarantulas kept:
      0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Comment

Working...
      X