Recovering from a moult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovering from a moult

On Saturday evening I had the privilege to see my L Para go through a complete moult. Missed him flipping over on to his back but saw the whole moult process and the flip back over the right way up (about 6 hours of something more entertaining than usual Saturday night TV!). He seems to have come through it OK and is resting and stretching at the moment. I have a couple of questions ....

Is it normal for him to curl up a leg underneath him and then stretch it out again? Sometimes he looks fine but other times a couple of his legs are tucked underneath? I'm worried there may be leg damage and at the moment he's only moving around on his mat so can't really see how he's walking.

I know that the fangs start out as white straight after a moult but is it usual to go blood red after 2 days?

that is perfectly normal..... he is just flexing out, as you would if you had i bit of cramp. you bend and stretch right?

yes fangs are white then the do turn red, especially near the base before turning black ( my freshly moulted P.regalis is the same)..... everything will be as it should next week...
    “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

Comment

Thanks Lee,

I guessed as much. It's just that we haven't really seen him moult before. The first time we had only had him for 6 weeks so didn't really know what to expect and the second time we were on holiday and missed the whole thing!!!

The red fangs gave me a scare thought!!!

Comment

Working...
      X