Spider bites....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider bites....

After reading a couple of new posts, I thought I should post a thread for people that have been tagged and the experiences they had........

My first bite was of a A.avic, then i have been bit 3 times off my H.lividum. But I have to stress that i was not provoking or any thing like that...
    “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

what was the cobalt blue bite like? iv seen pics of apophysis bites where the venom rots away some of the skin
    B.emilia Adult

Spiderling T.Apophysis

Slings:

A.Braunshauseni

H.lividium

B.Bohemi

Phlogius. sp "Earth Tiger"

Comment

go on then Lee, spill all and tell us what your bites were like?
      x
      Owner of:
      A. chalcodes "Rio", X.immanis "Cuervo" and OBT sling "Salsa"

Mummy of:
      Yelina (4 yrs old, RIP GBB juvie "Kama")
      Blake (2 yrs old, owner of juvie L. parahybana "Nachos")

Comment

My A,avic was not so bad, it bit me on my palm, and just caused swelling of my ring and little fingers. my H.lividum bit me on my little finger, and my arm ached for about a week, and sometmes my finger still aches. not very pleasent at all.
        “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

Comment

oooh, so quite a lasting affect from that one then?

How long before your OBT has a go then dya reckon? It's got to happen one day I guess, they not called that for nothing lol

J x
          Owner of:

Mummy of:

Comment

My OBT is always willing to bite! very painfull for around a week and a doctors visit for some tramadol (very strong painkillers) and an interesting sick note for work lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Joanna Pendleton View Post

How long before your OBT has a go then dya reckon? It's got to happen one day I guess, they not called that for nothing lol

J x
              I Know!!! she needs rehousing soon which i am not looking forward to. Better stock up on painkillers and antihistamines. hahahaha

Comment

Do it very early in the morning so you can still be sure of a doctors appt for some tramadol lol.
                Our doc's if you don't ring up by 8.30am, you've had it, no appts left!
                J x
                Owner of:

Mummy of:

Comment

i know that feeling with doctors appoinments!! i like moving them though, keeps u on your toes! i never sit there and think' oh god got to move the OBT not looking forward to it'! if i got like that i think i'd stop keeping them lol!

Comment

Originally posted by James Quinton View Post
                    i like moving them though, keeps u on your toes!
                    So true, It is all part of the fun! I just got to wait for my 3 B.vagans to grow a bit, then move them into bigger homes then remove the dividers from my tank and house the OBT in that.... But she has burrowed and webbed up the enclosure so it is going to be very delicate operation. Oh the joys of being a T lover! hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Corless View Post
                      So true, It is all part of the fun! I just got to wait for my 3 B.vagans to grow a bit, then move them into bigger homes then remove the dividers from my tank and house the OBT in that.... But she has burrowed and webbed up the enclosure so it is going to be very delicate operation. Oh the joys of being a T lover! hahahahaha
                      Is the tank bigger than the OBT's home now? could you do the "move the whole lump of substrate, spider and burrows in tact" thing that was mentioned on another thread?

I'm loving the "keeps you on your toes" comment James. Like your always prepared for danger lol

J x
                      Owner of:

Mummy of:

Comment

Always prepard lol always have all sorts of equipment ready just in case!! i dont like the move the lump of substrate idea in case the T suddenly falls or makes a run for it, maybe me being to cautous? Plus when u tub them u get to see them and take some pics!

Comment

Working...
                        X