Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King baboon...My new addition

Hello one and all
    Well my collection now includes a 5cm juv { Citharischius crawshayi } and i must admit even at this small size the process of transfering him/her to its new home proved to me these buggers live up to the reputation they have even at this small size, trying to usher it along with the end of my 12" tongs resulted in it standing its ground turning round and hissing at me!!!..this little bugger is going to be a handfull..i just hope it doesnt end up like my starburst baboon female and very rarely seen...but my wish list is almost complete now.....PEACE TO ALL
    all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

Congratulations on your new addition, i wll add crawshayi to my collecton at some point in time, but for the moment i got one of the phlogius sp. (yesterday) to fill the gap. They are one of the old-world australian spiders and are noted for their aggression and so on. At the moment its only 1cm, so i hope it gets bigger soon!
    B.emilia Adult

Spiderling T.Apophysis

Slings:

A.Braunshauseni

H.lividium

B.Bohemi

Phlogius. sp "Earth Tiger"

Comment

i had a C.crawsayi lovely female, just never really saw her much lol!

Comment

i just hope it doesnt end up like my starburst baboon female and very rarely seen...
        Good luck with that!

Only time I see my C.crawshayi is if I pull the tank out. Haven't seen her on the surface for a good 12 months. :P
        Follow the progress of my spiderlings: The Spiderling Project
        Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

I cant really see the point in having a spider you never see. My Yamia was a prime example, a pet hole!
          My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
          Ray Gabriel

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Shone View Post
            I cant really see the point in having a spider you never see. My Yamia was a prime example, a pet hole!
            i have five Citharischius crawshayi...and i see them all. the slings barely hide, the juvenile is visible in her jar, and the two adult females have created chambers that reach the side of the glass, and i can always see them.
            Yamia i admit are pet holes, but they surface for food, and it's worth the wait! they are behaviourally fascinating, and the velvety silver sheen is lovely.
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
            X