Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this normal sling avic moult behaviour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this normal sling avic moult behaviour?

this is about my 2cm a.braunshauseni that moulted a couple of hours ago and appears to be dead in a curled up posture, after a complete moult.

Is this normal behaviour for a small sling after a moult, or that particular species?

Since its so tiny and light i could esily move it onto my hand, i gave it a quick spray but it still did not move at all
    B.emilia Adult

Spiderling T.Apophysis

Slings:

A.Braunshauseni

H.lividium

B.Bohemi

Phlogius. sp "Earth Tiger"

is there a picture we can see?
    My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
    Ray Gabriel

Comment

its jut a 2cm sling curled uup, the moult was complete, but its just completely motionless
      B.emilia Adult

Spiderling T.Apophysis

Slings:

A.Braunshauseni

H.lividium

B.Bohemi

Phlogius. sp "Earth Tiger"

Comment

Originally posted by sagar jason nigam View Post
        its jut a 2cm sling curled uup, the moult was complete, but its just completely motionless
        curled up with legs underneath? Sounds like a goner unfotunately.
        My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
        Ray Gabriel

Comment

It's probably dead, did you actually spray the spider?

Comment

Hi there sagar Jason nigam
            It does seem dead from what you have posted but from my own experience Avics do after a moult rest in what looks like a death curl, and if disturbed when still very soft will act dead. It is very important to leave any tarantula alone when moulting, it stresses them and with Avics stress kills them dead. I have killed many of these beautiful it’s with inexperience but now I can safely say that I am proficient enough to give advice.
            There are three very important things with Avics. Heat, humidity and air flow. Your baby moulted correcty so that means that the humidity was about right, what was the temp?? To low and these lovely little T’s will die. I keep my Sling Avic’s at 80% humidity with alot of air flow and a temp that ranges from 20 degrees C during the night the 27 during the day.
            I hope that your Avic makes it they are really very beautiful. Keep us updated.
            Cheers
            Wayne

Comment

I'm not so sure we can assume its dead. After moulting they do sit in a sort of curled up position for a few hours.

It will take it a few days for its new skin to harden up. During this time it will try to stretch its new skin while it is still soft, so don't be too concerned if you see it sitting in an unusual or awkward stance.

Jamie.
              My Collection:

Comment

Some do sit in a "death curl state" as the rest after the moult. Give it a few days.
                Follow the progress of my spiderlings: The Spiderling Project
                Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

What's the latest Sagar?
                  My Collection:

Comment

Working...
                  X