How do you feed arboreal sling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feed arboreal sling?

Hi,since my aboreal sling is going to arrive soon,I would like to do some research on how to feed them.So basically,how do you feed them?Do you put the food on the sub or wat?Please share your experience and information

I put some crickets in the enclosure and shut the lid. The amount and size of the crickets varies with the size and species of the T.
    I also use morio worms where my Avics/Pokies/Psalmos have created lots of webbing.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

If it's an Avicularia sling then give it a fair size tub (round ones about 3 inch diameter and 5/6 inch high will do, suitable ventilated with small air holes).
      Throw about 3/4 small crickets in there and if you're lucky you'll watch it either catch one "on the drop" or "freefall" onto one. Normally they like to hunt them as and when they get the opportunity though and you don't see it which is a shame.
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Hmm,if you say drop a cricket into the tub,wont it destroy the webbing?In order to drop prey item,you will need to open the lid which is the place where most avic will build their webbing right?How to drop the prey item without destroying the delicate webbing?A pic will help.Cheers

Comment

I just drop the food items in, they'll either catch it on the way down or hunt for it later, dont worry to much about breaking there webbing as they'll quickly re build it!

Comment

Haha,ok.But if was kind of evil to destroy their webbing.Haha

Comment

Working...
            X