costa blanca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• costa blanca

good morning everybody its been i while since i clicked on here, in july im going on holiday with my dad to costa blanca, spain and i wonderd if you could tell what species of scorpion and tarantula i should have a look for?

pics and links would be great thanks sam

Originally posted by sam carr View Post
    good morning everybody its been i while since i clicked on here, in july im going on holiday with my dad to costa blanca, spain and i wonderd if you could tell what species of scorpion and tarantula i should have a look for?

pics and links would be great thanks sam

If you vist the above Arachnophiles and look for Pete Mosca's posts he lives in Andalucia.
    At the moment there are posts by him about Scolopendra cingulata centipede and Macrothele calpeiana spiders.
    He's even photographed praying mantids in the wild out there.

CJ.

Comment

I'd suggest you talk to Gareth too, formerly from TSS, but tagged on AP as Rikimaku666
      I'm sure he'll alert you to the trapdoor spiders etc.
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Ischnocolus sp. lives in Spain, for tarantulas, and Mesobuthus and Buthus sp., for scorpions...there may be more as well, but no idea if they are present in Costa Blanca, specifically. Worth a look, though. There are bound to be some interesting animals, including reptiles!
        Get pics if you find anything and post them up here! we'd love to see them.
        Incidentally, if you're a member, i think there's a paper on Spanish Theraphosidae in the download section...might be worth a read! think it's by Richard Gallon.
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
        X