A how to guide!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A how to guide!!

I'm asked alot how i move my OBT's and Asian stuff, well i've taken pics of a mini tutorial on a small OBT juvie i rescued today (to aggresive for previous owner, thought calm sling would mean calm juvie!!)

First of, here is the OBT in old tub..

Here is the new home, fresh substrate a few hides and deep enough for it to burrow if he/she wishes..

Pics of what is needed..

Storage box used incase OBT decides to do a runner!!!

Part 2.......

And the start of the moving, first of take the lid of!....

Then place a round tub over the OBT....

Comment

Hey James, told you i'd pop on and have a look. what happens next? Cos right now id be stuck with a tub over an angry OBT not knowing what to do if I was following this and that's not a position I wanna be in pmsl!

x x x
      Owner of:
      A. chalcodes "Rio", X.immanis "Cuervo" and OBT sling "Salsa"

Mummy of:
      Yelina (4 yrs old, RIP GBB juvie "Kama")
      Blake (2 yrs old, owner of juvie L. parahybana "Nachos")

Comment

Then place lid of the tub under the OBT encouraging him/her into tub...

Then place the OBT into there new enclouser.......

Comment

All done and noone got bit

Comment

I've finished it now pmsl! xxx

Comment

Originally posted by James Quinton View Post
              I've finished it now pmsl! xxx
              Alright, I'll let you off lol!

Loving the cheesy thumbs up at the end.

Good idea for a thread though, im sure theres people out there who will find this very useful!

x
              Owner of:

Mummy of:

Comment

lol glad you love the pic!

I'm hopping it will be of help to a few ppl, not expecting it to be a sticky or anything but it will point someone in the right direction! I will do 1 of my bigger asains when the time comes! x

Comment

They really can be that aggressive! My local expotics store had one in, in isolation and not for sale. Someone had been given it and didnt know what to do with it so brought it to the shop. They used a pencil to encourage him into one of their tanks and he lunged, caught the pencil and snapped it in half! Awesome but scary beasts!
                  My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
                  Ray Gabriel

Comment

If find one of the best ways to move these is to remove their webbed substrate with them. They seem to cling on to this like a kid with a beach ball.
                    Pick up the substrate with tongs and place in new tub. simples!
                    However, when they decide to run for it its impossible to catch them, one flew out the enclosure, over my hand, up the batch and half way up the wall before I had a chance to gulp! A friend of mine wasnt so lucky, he's dealt with snakes, gators, monitors etc and an OBT the same size as yours gave him a lovely trip to the hospital.

BTW, its looking rather moist in that enclosure!
                    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

I have tried it that way but ended up with 2 puncture holes! I agree it is moist, but it has dried up now so dont worry lol! It was only because the sub was damp after preparing it.

Comment

I agree with pete on this one. My own female Pterinochilus murinus is a complete thug and will attack anything that goes near her pet hole. the last time i moved her which was to get her in her permanant 30x30 exo terra was to lift her and the web out with 12" foreceps and as usual i did this with her in the bath, just incase she decided to run she wouldnt get far...Baboons are totally fearless and my 2" king baboon sling will hiss at the slightest disturbance...not sure about keeping your Ts in large sandwich boxes??...how do you display them in these??...my zoo are all in exo terras or small nursery tanks....
                        all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

Comment

Everyones why of keeping or there enclousers are always going to be different to others, i might use a slighty smaller 'tub' then others but i get mine from TSS, and there the same tubs that there collection and personal collection are kept in, and i'm affraid if its good enough for those guys then it is for me, I dont keep them in large enclousers as i dont plan on breeding any at the mo but if i do that individual will get a bigger tank. I have kept them in these types of enclousers for many years and not ever had a problem.

Comment

I dunno, if people have large collections they seem to tend to keep them in tubs. I want a nice glass exo terra for my GBB when it's bigger but it is a lovely coloured species to look at. If you keep anyhting thats just a pet hole, maybe the ability to display it wouldnt be so important? x
                            Owner of:

Mummy of:

Comment

Working...
                            X