inbreeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inbreeding

I'm wondering with the t's that can no longer be imported (for fresh blood so to speak)
    at some time would there be a danger of inbreeding with out knowing?
    As with the cites dealing with endangered species could a breeder get some kind of permit to get new stock?.

there have been a few debates on here about the subject of inbreeding...some of them heated. the jury is out on whether or not it definitely affects tarantulas in any detrimental way. best practice is of course not to inbreed, but in many cases, we've had no choice, and the populations appear to be healthy years on. but this may vary between species, ie some are possibly more able to cope with inbreeding than others.
    i think CITES is fairly rigid...but then i'm not sure how it works, really.
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I found a discussion on here when I was curious about breeding brother and sisters. (It was what brought me to the forum)...

Many different views and opinions to read.
      “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Corless View Post
        I found a discussion on here when I was curious about breeding brother and sisters. (It was what brought me to the forum)...

Many different views and opinions to read.
        I wouldn't say brother/sister I'd thought as years pass that at some time the blood line could cross.
        unless new blood could be got from Europe breeders !

Comment

Working...
        X