Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theraposa Blondi

Hi,
    My Blondi has molted, it is fairly large and I think the molting was succesful. It is difficult to judge this for sure as it is under a tunnel structure. The humidity was high and now the Blondi is still on its back, the skin appears to be completley shed, it has been in this position for many hours now.........I am worried as it has been like this for six hours or more.
    Is it resting as it is tired?

Is is going to die?

I am not too sure and do not want to distub it.

best thing is to leave it be, large T's can take a while to recover from these things, she's probably resting...
    fingers crossed!
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

There's very little we can do, to my knowledge. I usually just leave them to get on with it themselves, making sure there are no dangers like loose crickets. Try shining a torch to see if the moult has completely detached. You might want to use tongs to pull it out if you're confident and careful or you might just give a very light blow to see if this gets any reaction. Be careful though as the urticating hairs from T. blondi are wise to avoid, especially in relation to your eyes and throat and they're likely to be layered over the substrate.
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Dont panic Andrew my own female Blondi took well over 12 hours to moult, and shes a big un....yours will right herself eventually..and expect it to rest for around a week before feeding..the fangs will stay white for a day or so...dont disturb it the T knows whats its doing..keep us posted on how you get on mate.....scott
        all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

Comment

Working...
        X