Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a small question....

Hiya guys and girls,

Just a quick small question. I'm planning on travelling to the BTS show on sunday and bring my 2 lovely darlings too. I would just like some advice on how to travel with them that won't stress them and myself out too much .
    I have got the travel carriers but I think I need some kind of travel heat pad/source. Thanks for any advice you can give me

Hi There miss

Im not speaking from experience as it will be my 1st time at the show but id say if you put them on the back seat of your car {assuming your not travelling by motorbike lol} then put a cover over them im sure they will be fine...cars are quite warm and i doubt they will really notice whats going on
    Im going over on the sunday too and am looking forward to putting some faces to the names ive been chatting to on here for all these years....
    all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

Comment

Absolutely no advice as I do not own a car and am not bringing mine with me, as my two little human darlings will be with me and thats enough trouble for one trip! BUT if you are travelling with them, are you securing the travel carriers in some way? Imagine having to slam on and ending up with your Ts on the loose in the car, or worse hurt form a fall if the carriers fall off the seat if you slammed on? A scenario that just came into my head straight away! x
      Owner of:
      A. chalcodes "Rio", X.immanis "Cuervo" and OBT sling "Salsa"

Mummy of:
      Yelina (4 yrs old, RIP GBB juvie "Kama")
      Blake (2 yrs old, owner of juvie L. parahybana "Nachos")

Comment

I'll be travelling by train to Manchester on the saturday then by car on sunday where I will have a good hold on the carriers as I'm not driving .
        Last edited by Bernadette Hughes; 16-05-10, 09:09 AM.

Comment

i have found it best to take another person with and have them hold the ts with a blanket or anything else to keep the light out over them. a persons natural reactions seem the most effective way to absorb any energy that gets transfered from the road.
          my tarantulas
          001 A. seemani 010 A. avicularia 001 B. auratum 001 B. smithi 001 C. bechaunicus 100 C. huahini 001 C. cyaneopubescens 001 C. crawshayi 002 E. murinus 112 G. rosea 010 H. albostriatum 010 H. lividum 001 H. maculata 001 L. violaceopes 001 L. parahybana 100 N. chromatus 010 P. cancerides 001 P. fasciata 010 P. rufilata 001 P. striata 001 P. cambridgei 010 P. irminia001 P. murinus 001 P. lugardi 001 S. calceata 001 T. violaceus

Comment

Thank you everyone for the advice. Can't wait for the show ^^

Comment

We just tightly pack them into a poly/cardboard box and stick them in the boot.
              some are rehoused into something smaller to "help" with the journey (cricket tubs with kitchen roll works fine), arboreal spiders tend to not even bother much in my opinion.
              as long as there's nothing they can fall on in the tank you've got them in they'll be fine.
              Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

When I kept tropical fish I used to use one of those picnic coolers to keep some warmth in there I placed a plastic pop bottle in the bottom filled with warm water with a towel covering it so it didnt come into direct contact with the fish.
                I used to travel all over the country using this method and never lost a fish to chilling and spiders are tougher than fish
                Just to let everyone know I live 30 miles away from the venue for the show and its 20C on 18/5/10 and the forecast is for it to get even warmer as the weekend looms nearer.

CJ.

Comment

Working...
                X