Temperament of Ts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperament of Ts

Which, in your opinion, either from your own Ts or others you know of, is the T with the most aggressive or nasty temperament? No particular reason for asking, just curious!

On another note, just sorted out paypal, so have joined the BTS now, very exciting! I know you guys are just volunteers, so I don't expect the membership to be sorted straight away but am very excited/looking forward to when it is!

J x
    Owner of:
    A. chalcodes "Rio", X.immanis "Cuervo" and OBT sling "Salsa"

Mummy of:
    Yelina (4 yrs old, RIP GBB juvie "Kama")
    Blake (2 yrs old, owner of juvie L. parahybana "Nachos")

Mostly African's i'd say are the most aggressive, then Asian's.
    If these words he speaks are true,we're all humanary stew, if we dont pledge allegiance to
    the black widow.nahnahnahnahnah nah nah

Comment

I agree...my experience is that anything from africa is down right evil...both my baboons are mad beyonds words...new worlds tend to be alot more relaxed and dont cause me any trouble,even matilda my Blondi....the further east you go the worse they get, asian tarantulas are smaller but seem to have very bad tempers.....which seems to explain why chile roses live as far west as you can get lol....Roll on next sunday!!!!!
      all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

Comment

Thanks guys! Is this because the New World one's have urtricating (sp) hairs for defense, whereas Old World one's just have to rely on being nasty lol??!!
        Any particular genus/species come to mind? I mean obviously there's a reason OBTs are called that, and I've heard H. lividum can be pretty nasty, but any others spring to mind as on a par or worse than these? Or am I wrong, does anyone have a placid little angel cobalt blue to tell me about lol?!

J x
        Owner of:
        A. chalcodes "Rio", X.immanis "Cuervo" and OBT sling "Salsa"

Mummy of:
        Yelina (4 yrs old, RIP GBB juvie "Kama")
        Blake (2 yrs old, owner of juvie L. parahybana "Nachos")

Comment

Ive got a H. Minax which to be honest is quite a placid little girlie....tends to hide away rather than get nasty..but without doubt my female Pterinochilus murinus OBT is totally evil...she will strike at the slightest disturbance outside her burrow and will take a threat posture sometimes nearly falling over backwards if she is in a bad mood..i was lucky when i re homed her that she came out completely wrapped up in her silk web home and didnt realise what was going on..i still used 12inch foreceps to do it though lol...and my 2inch king baboon Citharischius crawshayi sling has an attitude you have to see to believe..it will turn and raise its bum in the air then hiss even if you put crickets in for it...its going to be a monster when its an adult....so for me its the baboons that have the worst attitudes......bless em lol
          all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

Comment

I have a Chile Goldburst that will bite first and ask questions later. Also my Chile Rose isn`t very sociable.

Comment

As always i'm going to say that all tarantulas are unpredictable and everyone will have one certain species that stands out the most for them. (i have a Grammostola sp. that will bite first and ask questions later )
              A lot depends on their first port of call for defence, those with urticating hairs will primarily flick, Avicularia will try and press hairs into you or squirt poo at you, pokies generally threat display then run off.
              As Scott says though ...Africans don't really go for any of this, they tend to show a threat pose and then go for the bite if the problem persists.
              Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

My OBT's are a nightmere! I had to check on them all today and a girlie of mine i expected a sac from had laid and she came cherging out almost bit me (again)! and ran up the sides of her house to get at me! My Asains would rather hide then attack but they do give a good threat posture and my king baboon..well!!!!

Comment

my H. lividum would be my nastyist. that is the only one that has pegged me. she escaped and then climbed my leg and got me through my jeans. my next most aggressive would be my P. cancerides. i also have a pissy G. rosea, so i guess it is really down to the individual speciman.
                  my tarantulas
                  001 A. seemani 010 A. avicularia 001 B. auratum 001 B. smithi 001 C. bechaunicus 100 C. huahini 001 C. cyaneopubescens 001 C. crawshayi 002 E. murinus 112 G. rosea 010 H. albostriatum 010 H. lividum 001 H. maculata 001 L. violaceopes 001 L. parahybana 100 N. chromatus 010 P. cancerides 001 P. fasciata 010 P. rufilata 001 P. striata 001 P. cambridgei 010 P. irminia001 P. murinus 001 P. lugardi 001 S. calceata 001 T. violaceus

Comment

Originally posted by Carole Matchwick View Post
                    I have a Chile Goldburst that will bite first and ask questions later. Also my Chile Rose isn`t very sociable.
                    My Rosea is anti-social too. At best i would say she has the temperament of a hormanal teenage girl. At worst, she is just nasty! Never tagged or flicked at me, but will threat pose and i can almost swear she is trying to stare me out!
                    And people say they are placid!

Comment

by my count, that gives the most votes to the rose hair. so far, G. rosea is the most nasty!
                      my tarantulas
                      001 A. seemani 010 A. avicularia 001 B. auratum 001 B. smithi 001 C. bechaunicus 100 C. huahini 001 C. cyaneopubescens 001 C. crawshayi 002 E. murinus 112 G. rosea 010 H. albostriatum 010 H. lividum 001 H. maculata 001 L. violaceopes 001 L. parahybana 100 N. chromatus 010 P. cancerides 001 P. fasciata 010 P. rufilata 001 P. striata 001 P. cambridgei 010 P. irminia001 P. murinus 001 P. lugardi 001 S. calceata 001 T. violaceus

Comment

i've had spiders from all over the world now, though not as many as Colin, for example!
                        apart from a P murinus who was rather defensive, 90% my spiders are docile unless i do something obvious bother them. i've a few that run very fast, and are obviously on edge, and i've an Aphonopelma that strikes the substrate whenever i'm near her...
                        i'd say all mine are wary (or terrified) of us giant creatures, but if they're feeling secure in their home, they seem quite tolerant.
                        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

The only "nasty" T I have seen is my H.longipes and then only if you disturb it by looking at it for instance....lol
                          All my baboons are very calm,especially my E.pachypus and C.marshalli.
                          I have bever seen a real threat display off any of my pokies either.
                          I don't think there is a set rule for how nasty and aggressive any species is.
                          They all will react differently in certain situations,even T's of the same species.
                          Paul

Comment

As James and Paul say

Comment

Working...
                            X