Murinus eggsac success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murinus eggsac success!

Update....i have just pulled a egg sac from my P.murinus (OBT) and have transferred it staright into the incubator. I kept the female at bay...for a bit and nearly got tagged twice, luckily we both escaped unharmed.

When i opened the eggsac the eggs were all together...i was unsure if they were ment to be loose and whether the eggsac was useless or as murinus lay hammocks that they would seperate themselves?

As i said the eggsac has been put into the incubator already until i find out whether all hope is lost. Should i leave the eggsac as it is?
    Tarantulas kept:
    0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

I am by no means an expert, but how much have you opened the eggsac? I thought you were meant to leave them intact until they were at the "eggs with legs" stage?
    By the way, very brave trying to get a sac from an OBT!

Comment

i'd have recommended leaving them with the mum, personally...but lots may disagree with that. just that it worked great with my P lugardi, and that's the same genus...P murinus is meant to be even more socially tolerant. my lugardi even fed her young quite a ways into the spiderling stage.
      sadly i don't know a thing about incubation or taking over parenting from the mother, but congrats on the sac at least!
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Mandy - yeah i needed a stiff drink after taking it from her, i nearly got tagged twice but luckily she wasn't quick enough. James i was planning on leaving the eggsac with the mother but due to the spider being in the exo terra glass tanks and the amount of holes for the slings to escape was a major factor in my decision to remove it. I am not sure whether Murinus "roll" the eggsac or not but i have been told that i have no hope or bob hope of getting any young from the sac.....Fingers crossed.
        Tarantulas kept:
        0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Comment

Working...
        X