A word to the wise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A word to the wise!

Just to let you know that I have been reliably informed that a number of individuals have the idea to bring stock along to the show and sell it without booking a table. Now thats hardly fair to those traders that support the hobby by booking.

Also I would remind everyone that the sale of reptiles, amphibians, mammals and DWA speces is strictly forbidden. Should we find anyone trading without booking or selling the above animals they will be asked to leave and face a life ban fom any BTS Show in the future.

If your legit then we look forward to seeing you all.

Ray Hale
    BTS Exhibition Organiser.
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Hi Ray,
    Is there a problem if you arrange to meet someone outside the school to exchange/swap/hand over animals that have already been sold ?
    Paul
    Last edited by Mark Pennell; 22-05-10, 08:08 AM. Reason: By request

Comment

I hope you don't include completing a sale by delivering some slings on the day .

I've arranged to complete 1 pre-arranged sale and 2 trades on the day .

The sale is already paid for so all I'm doing is saving someone the postage and saving the slings the discomfort of going through the postal system . As for the trades , one of them is an exchange of possible future breeding stock and the other is to someone with a table who I believe plans to sell some of them on the day . I'm also loaning out a MM on the day .

I'm hoping you'll differentiate between people trading between those completing a sale/trade and those actively selling on the day .

Comment

A word to the wise!

Originally posted by paul fleming View Post
        Hi Ray,
        Is there a problem if you arrange to meet someone outside the scohool to exchange/swap/hand over animals that have already been sold ?
        Paul
        Paul
        As long as it's outside of school grounds it's not our concern.

Inside, the carpark , the halls are. Even carrying such animals inside the event will not be allowed.

If it's imposible for people not do this hand it to one of the door staff we will store it safe and give it back on your way out.

Regards
        Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------------------------------------
        Serious Ink tattoo studio -
        Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

A word to the wise!

Originally posted by Matthew Bagley View Post
          I hope you don't include completing a sale by delivering some slings on the day .

I've arranged to complete 1 pre-arranged sale and 2 trades on the day .

The sale is already paid for so all I'm doing is saving someone the postage and saving the slings the discomfort of going through the postal system . As for the trades , one of them is an exchange of possible future breeding stock and the other is to someone with a table who I believe plans to sell some of them on the day . I'm also loaning out a MM on the day .

I'm hoping you'll differentiate between people trading between those completing a sale/trade and those actively selling on the day .
          Matthew
          Pre arranged deliveries to traders are fine. Swapping exchanging males are fine.

Trading in Dwa or dangerous inverts such as six eyed crab spiders or vertabrates is not.

These rules are in place to protect the public and the event.

I hope you understand.

Cheers
          Mark

Comment

Hang on, where's the cameraderie gone?? I would sell for anyone from my table and also keep the stuff they bought till the end for them.............
            spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Originally posted by mary walters View Post
              Hang on, where's the cameraderie gone?? I would sell for anyone from my table and also keep the stuff they bought till the end for them.............
              Mary
              anyone wishing to sell there surpless can as always bring them
              to the bts stand. That's how it's always been. Not sure what you mean
              by lack of comardery. We are a friendly bunch. Rules are there for a purpose not broken or flouted.

which could lead to the dimise of the best show of it's kind in the uk.

Cheers
              mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
                Matthew
                Pre arranged deliveries to traders are fine. Swapping exchanging males are fine.

Trading in Dwa or dangerous inverts such as six eyed crab spiders or vertabrates is not.

These rules are in place to protect the public and the event.

I hope you understand.

Cheers
                Mark

Thanks for the clarification . I didn't want to let anyone down but neither did I want to infringe on any rules for the event .

Sent from my PC using fingertyping 1.0

Comment

Hi just a quick question i was going to bring my ockerti slings along to the show to sell or trade but dont want to break the rules so can i put them on the bts table or not as im bit confused have been coming to show every year for over 10 years and didnt realise any of this if some one could clarify this it would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks Jason

Comment

We have never heard of this either.

Yes Mark, cameraderie, as I said, I would take and sell stuff for anyone.
                    What is the harm in bringing a few slings and selling them???

Comment

A word to the wise!

Originally posted by mary walters View Post
                      We have never heard of this either.

Yes Mark, cameraderie, as I said, I would take and sell stuff for anyone.
                      What is the harm in bringing a few slings and selling them???
                      Mary
                      I think we getting confused here Ray has no issue with people bringing spiders to sell on others pre booked tables.

The issue is that he was informed the a few people were intent on bringing reptiles to sell under the table so to speak.

You know that we support all dealers and spider breeders but selling reptiles and dangerous spiders will kill our show.

Also it has always been policy to not allow such activities.

Also selling surplus captive bred spiders from the bts tables has been welcomed there was a table full of these last year.

However i will make sure this is posted and well publicised next year.

I guess over the years this has slipped past the net.

Cheers
                      Mark
                      Ps Ray asked me to post this one

Comment

Thanks for that Ray and Mark, it's something that I have never been aware of in past as the slings I gave for raffles etc have always been to go to funds.

Comment

I did know about vertebrates and DWA obviously

Comment

Just to clarify, I've arranged to meet someone from another forum and collect a sling tomorrow. Is this now unable to go ahead unless we leave the event?

I have also arranged a collection from another BTS member who has a table so there should be no problems with this transaction. I'd just like to be very clear before I get banned from attending future BTS shows as I have enjoyed them very much for the time I've been attending.

Comment

Thanks Mark for your quick response i have only bred 2 tarantulas since i started collecting as have not had the chance too often,thats why i have about 40 or so Thrixopelma ockerti slings to sell as my pair mated last year just after the show so i will bring them . I dont anyone who has a table so i would either have to put them on bts stand is that ok? Dont know anyone else that well even though ive been coming to show every year for at least 7 years or so

Thanks Jason & Shaz

Comment

Working...
                              X