climbing spiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• climbing spiders

hi there everyone something strange is going on. for the last few days i've had all the heat mat's turned of because of the weather being so hot. it wouldn't have been a good idea to have them on as the temp in there room was 75 to 80 anyway and that was with a small window open. since then some of my t's have been doing anything they can to keep of the substrate sitting on there hides resting on there plants or even climbing to the top of the tank. one of them chewed almost half an inch of the polystyrene backing at the top of the tank. i've put the mats back on tonight as the temp seems to have droped outside and the room temps normal again. the temp in the tanks are between 75 and 80 and the humidity's are where they should be but the t's are still acting strange i dont know whats wrong please help. by the way i have 13 t's and it's 3 of them that are behaving strange they are 2 smithi's and a costarican zebra sorry i dont know the posh name for this one.

Have you wtared them a little more because of the heat?
    some spiders are more sensitive to damp substrate and wiil avoid it.

is the substrate possibly drying out due to a higher ambient temp and making the area just above it more humid?
    again the spiders may want to get away from this.

Costarican Zebra has a posh name of Aphonopelma semmani
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

hi there colin no i didn't make the substrate more moist all i done was turn the heat pads of nothing else changed. i put the heat pads back on last night and they seem to be back to there old self's. i dont know what happened but there was no way i could have left them on they would have fried. sometimes i find i dont know what to do for the best accept use my nodle and keep a very close eye on thing's. thank's for getting back to me colin much appreciated.

Comment

At the end of the day relying on common sense is the best way forward i agree Vincent.
        All back to normal now then eh?
        You'll have to keep an eye out if they do the same behaviour again if you switch off at any time ... there's got to be "some" reason they did it
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

your right colin and i'll keep an eye open if i have to turn the pads of again o and thank's for giving me the other name for the costarican zebra it's a bit of a mouth full though lol cheers again mate.

Comment

Working...
          X