Acanthoscurria geniculata Moult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acanthoscurria geniculata Moult

Okey, so i've woken up this morning and it looks although my Acanthoscurria geniculata, Is molting. I've never seen any of my tarantula's molting before, I've tried not to disturb it. It's still moving from time to time and looks a bit awkward, but i presume this is normal during a molt, it's not actually on it's back but standing. Just a bit concerned that it'll get through the molt but really i guess there's not alot i can do.
    Last edited by Michael Peachey; 26-05-10, 12:24 PM.

Sometimes spider do moult the wrong way up (which would be the right way up...sort of )
    Best to leave it alone, it should be ok if the humidities fine, having a Genic is an advantage as i've found they tolerate highs and lows of humidity with no problems.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Successful moult He/She is looking bright and vibrant, really great!
      Mike

Comment

ok so it's totally shed it's skin but upon close inspection has a little 'nitch' or cut on the carapace. It's not that big perhap a few mm wide but cause for concern. It not really standing properly, at first i put that down to recovering from the moult but now i think it's because of the injury. I've no idea how the poor thing got it, perhaps during moult? Is there anything i can do for it? Can include a photo if you need to see

Comment

Comment

I'd be enclined to be more concerned if it still has difficulties walking in a few days, some spiders take a fair while to harden up etc.
            The little nick doesn't look that bad, maybe due to it moulting upright, it may have fallen and caught it or something similar.
            If it's not leaking any fluid then i'm sure it'll be ok next moult.
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

My Brachypelma vagans ripped a bit of her abdomen when she moulted earlier this month.

As Colin said as long as its not weeping all should be well come next moult.

All my larger spiders take a good week before they start to look capable of walking to any degree and 10 days before they will eat.

Thats when you can breath easy when they take that first prey item

Nice looking spider by the way.

CJ.

Comment

Wow CJ, that is a gorgeous vagans. She is stunning.

Michael, she looks ok. My g.rosea did a similar thing with her last molt in march 09, but is totally happy and healthy now! Keep an eye on her but i would sayshe looks likeahe will be fine x

Comment

Thanks for your responses folks, and yeah that is a really nice looking vagans. Totallu Jet black - Really striking. A friend of mine got a microscope...Can finally find out if she is female...calling it female because i have high hopes *crosses fingers* haha

Comment

Working...
                  X