X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• banned before joining

Hello all.

last night I thought I would sign up to the ats and as normal I was waiting for it's admin to deal with the sign up membership.
    This morning I got a email saying my ip was banned!.
    So I'm wondering how many of you also tried and had no luck?.
    I can say I won't be trying again if that's how the site is ran.

Thank you to every one on this site for making me feel welcome and passing on advice.
    So to show I am grateful for you taking the time on helping.

Regards.
    John.

I believe there may be something wrong with their registration process at the moment
    I have been informed that even some American residents have had a return email saying they were not acceptable (for differing reasons) for becoming members.

I would imagine if you emailed the admin staff direct and explained whats happened they would be able to sort it out for you.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
      I believe there may be something wrong with their registration process at the moment
      I have been informed that even some American residents have had a return email saying they were not acceptable (for differing reasons) for becoming members.

I would imagine if you emailed the admin staff direct and explained whats happened they would be able to sort it out for you.
      Exactly.

They do have some issues with registration over there. Mine took a few days to go through, but they are a friendly lot and it got sorted out in the end

I suggest you send them a message - Click here - and I'm sure your problems will be resolved.

Do bear in mind that they process forum registrations manually, so there can be some delay in responding. As someone who does the same on AP (to avoid spam etc.), I can appreciate the time it takes, so bear with them.

My Collection:

Comment

Gentlemen,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Currently, there are a few of us who comb through the applicants manually. This includes a search of emails and IP addresses, which is quite time consuming. On the other hand, I don't believe we've had a spammer since March. Mistakes do happen though. We currently do not accept gmail accounts, and that might be why some are rejected out of hand. It has nothing to do with location on our little world. We work hard to protect our discussion board members, and once approved members share that protection from spammers and bots.

John, your IP address may have popped up with many hits on the search engine. We can easily fix this. Please email me at celowsky21 at yahoo dot com, and we'll get this figured out.

Any others who'd like to get registered a little faster may also email me directly.

Thanks.

Christian Elowsky
        They've got oour names! It's the pris'n hoose for us!

Comment

I had the same although and I wonder why ?

Comment

Originally posted by John chambers View Post
            Hello all.

last night I thought I would sign up to the ats and as normal I was waiting for it's admin to deal with the sign up membership.
            This morning I got a email saying my ip was banned!
            Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Said I didn't meet their membership requirements and banned my IP from their site. I emailed the webmaster 3 times afterward requesting reconsideration, and got no answer. First time I've ever been banned from anywhere, LOL !

Colin has made me feel very welcome here, so that helps

Kathie
            0.1.0 - P. scrofa juvenile (Primrose Thumb Drum)
            0.1.0- C. ritae juvenile (Lovely Rita Meter Meter Maid)

Comment

Well, I can tell you that I was the one who did the banning. What is very odd is that I approved TWO people who are on this discussion board as well last night! I believe there is something odd going on with the IP addresses. Did you email me regarding this matter by the way? I wonder if folks are trying email addresses which are frequently used by spammers, such as gmail. Huh. Well the problems may continue until after our conference (July). We'll be discussing the discussion board at the ATS Board meeting. Until then we need to be focused on receiving over 100 people in Arizona. Please be patient with us. Oh, and I know this board is great as is the BTS, who do you think clued me in to this problem? Thank you for your patience and commitment to our great hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Elowsky View Post
                Well, I can tell you that I was the one who did the banning. What is very odd is that I approved TWO people who are on this discussion board as well last night! I believe there is something odd going on with the IP addresses. Did you email me regarding this matter by the way? I wonder if folks are trying email addresses which are frequently used by spammers, such as gmail. Huh. Well the problems may continue until after our conference (July). We'll be discussing the discussion board at the ATS Board meeting. Until then we need to be focused on receiving over 100 people in Arizona. Please be patient with us. Oh, and I know this board is great as is the BTS, who do you think clued me in to this problem? Thank you for your patience and commitment to our great hobby.
                Does that mean that you are not really interested in having members from the UK until after July ?

Comment

I believe providing my own private email address here, and asking for patience is the exact opposite of what you're implying. As a matter of fact, I even said "I approved TWO people who are on this discussion board as well last night!" While I did not say "UK", it was implied. I am not interested in foolishness, for the record, but as for where discussion board members are from, everyone gets the exact same treatment.

Comment

banned before joining

Originally posted by paul fleming View Post
                    Does that mean that you are not really interested in having members from the UK until after July ?
                    No, it clearly means that they acknowledge that they have registration problems which they are dealing with. However, they are very busy preparing for their conference, and have limited time and resources to devote to their forum until after the conference, and so they are asking for people to be patient.

It's pretty straightforward really, and as a direct e-mail address has been generously provided for any queries or assistance, and the initial issue in the thread dealt with, I think it is probably best to close this thread, judging by the direction it is heading.

My Collection:

Comment

Working...
                    X