Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastigoproctus giganteus

Hi
    I'm looking for any information conserning the breeding of Mastigoproctus giganteus or other whiptail scorpion species.
    So far all I have found out is that they can lay from 7-34 eggs and when they hatch the young will climb onto the mothers back until they moult, after which they will disperse.
    I brought the WC female in the photo below at the BTS expo last May and it layed an eggcase yesterday (Thats the first time I noticed the eggcase anyway!) so the information that Im looking for is the "typical/average" gastration time period from mating to egg laying.
    Also what would be of alot of help is any information on the development time of the eggs until they hatch and climb onto the mothers back.

From the info that I have read, these animals are very prone to eating their eggs and the females often die after produceing an eggcase. With this in mind I'm keeping any disturbance to a minimum but what I would also like to know is if these animals have also been known to produce Phantom eggcases, in much the same way as some spiders have been known to?

Cheers
    Chris

Chris
    Thats a great shot, and to me thats the first such photo I have seen with an egg sac.

Do keep us all informed of the developments.

All the best
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
    X