Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 male L.parahybana

Well this goes to show how bad i am at sexing my own T's
    Last year some time 1 of my 4 L.parahybana that i got from BTS 2005 i think molted into a male which i still have and is still making sperm webs and searchin endlessly for a female
    So after looking at my other 3 i had what i thought was a good idea at them being female until a few weeks ago after all looking like they were going to molt soon 1 molted into a male with an 18cm leg span at full stretch then a week goes by and the next 1 molts again into a male of similar size and just as that 1 was upright the 3rd flipped over and 6 to 7 hrs later yet another male about the the same size as its 2 brothers
    Now not that i really mind having males but i was a little disappointed at not getting a female out of 4 T's and more disappointed that noone seems to want the first 2 for breeding so doubt having 2 more ready for breeding will make it any easier lol
    well some pics of each 1 the first 1 that molted last year is so much smaller than his slower to develop brothers

Well i've finished waffling and shown you some pics if anyone would like 1 of these for breeding please pm me i do have a post in the breeding section of the first 2

Aarons Collection:

wow mate...sorry for the epic bad luck!
    however, one comforting fact is that if looked after, male parahybana can live a few years after moulting out. look for threads on an individual named Noel owned by Mary Walters!
    so males can be pretty decent pets too.
    personally, i had the opposite experience, and sexed both mine as male! they have since proved themselves to be immature females! sorry to rub it in lol
    the reason nobody will be keen to breed them is that they can have over 1000 babies!!!! and they don't sell for too much, so it's alot of effort for too much return. however, adult females can be a decent investment to sell on and so it is worth buying a load of slings...
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
      wow mate...sorry for the epic bad luck!
      however, one comforting fact is that if looked after, male parahybana can live a few years after moulting out. look for threads on an individual named Noel owned by Mary Walters!
      so males can be pretty decent pets too.
      personally, i had the opposite experience, and sexed both mine as male! they have since proved themselves to be immature females! sorry to rub it in lol
      the reason nobody will be keen to breed them is that they can have over 1000 babies!!!! and they don't sell for too much, so it's alot of effort for too much return. however, adult females can be a decent investment to sell on and so it is worth buying a load of slings...
      Cheers James i dont mind having males in my collection and they are 3 big males which look excellent 1 has been mature for nearly a year now and is still very active and produces regular sperm webs
      I was more annoyed at sexing them wrong lol and it just seems a waste for them not to get any action lol i realise how many babies they have and can understand the reason why no-one is to keen to breed them just seems a shame.
      I have been thinkin about getting an adult female but bit low on funds to be able to get 1 at the moment and if not i will definately try and get some more slings to try and get a female of my own

Aarons Collection:

Comment

Working...
      X