Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Problems" with my juvenile Euathlus truculentus female...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Problems" with my juvenile Euathlus truculentus female...

Hi guys, I'm Federico from italy... I have a "problem" with my T... Euathlus truculentus is a terrestrial T isn't it? Anyway, after 3 days in her cage, she continue to climb the cage walls falling down after less time...
    Whats is the problem? I'll avoid the substrate because i've used an approprate substrate for tarantulas... Sorry for the stupid question but I'm so worry for her because a bad fall can kill her... The terrarium is 25 cm tall and i've added 15 cm of substrate...

Thanks

Sorry 4 the bad english...

Federico
    0.1.0 Grammostola rosea 0.1.0 Euathlus truculentus 0.1.0 Brachypelma vagans

Ciao Federico, Benvenuto

Yes Euathlus are terrestrial
    The depth of substrate is good (with only 10cm to climb up, there will be little chance of injury), have you just re-homed the tarantula, if so it may be the substrate is still quite damp and this species sometimes will not walk on it untill dry.

Regards (Saluti)

Colin
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Hi, i had the same problem with the same species. They're are really active all the time and u wont be able to stop it climbing but will be able to stop the risk of a fall by making sure the substrate is really dry, and make sure u put alot in so if it does fall it should be ok.
      If these words he speaks are true,we're all humanary stew, if we dont pledge allegiance to
      the black widow.nahnahnahnahnah nah nah

Comment

Thank you guys... In effect the substrate is quite wet, but whit the ventilation of the fauna box, it will become dry soon... Infact this spider require only 65 to 70% humidity...

Thank you Colin for your perfect italian welcome

Cheers
        0.1.0 Grammostola rosea 0.1.0 Euathlus truculentus 0.1.0 Brachypelma vagans

Comment

Originally posted by Degiovanni Federico View Post
          Thank you guys... In effect the substrate is quite wet, but whit the ventilation of the fauna box, it will become dry soon... Infact this spider require only 65 to 70% humidity...

Cheers
          Just my personal thought but 65-70%humidity is the absolute top u wanna keep it, i keep mine alot lower just provide a water bowl and maybe mist once a month, these spider's really hate humidity.
          If these words he speaks are true,we're all humanary stew, if we dont pledge allegiance to
          the black widow.nahnahnahnahnah nah nah

Comment

I have to agree, 70% as an ambient humidity does sound a little high for this Genus, maybe it could go this high a few times a year but i would tend to keep it a lot lower for the most part personally

Originally posted by Degiovanni Federico View Post
            Grazie, Nonna's family name was Butterazzi, originally from Busso comune
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I had the same problem with my g.rosea, in the end i popped her in a temp home and dried out her substrate a little,and she seems a bit happier now

Comment

Working...
              X