Sexing a P.regalis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexing a P.regalis.

I bought this P.regalis at the beginning of the year, and has moulted twice, I have tried to sex it using the moult (with a very limited knowledge about what to look for) but to quite honest I thought it was female. Having said that, Its colours are not as pronounced as some females and after some research I found out that males are generally less colourful...
    Anyway, Do any of you know if there is somewhere I could send my moult off to, so I could get a professional opinion?

I will just add, that there is no "boxing gloves" that are immediately apparent to me...
    “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

Hi lee,
    I viewed a post while searching the bts forum some time ago where "i think" someone advised to send your molts to chris carter "bts member".I have tried to find the same post to confirm but its like finding a needle in a hay stack.Try sending chris a PM.I could be mistaken though!
    Best regards
    Chris
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Yeah, Chris Carter is being very helpful in discovering the sex of my B.smithi. If you PM him I'm sure he'll be able to help.
      Boris's Diary - written by me, he might have 8 legs but he's not big enough to press the keys yet.

Comment

Thank you, I will try and hunt him down... Thanks people.
        “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Corless View Post
          Thank you, I will try and hunt him down... Thanks people.
          Found me,

I have answered your

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
          Why not make a weekend of it.

Comment

Working...
          X