a long time coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a long time coming

hi there everyone just wanted to find something out. my g rosa female has just had her first molt since 16th of november 2008 thats when i got her by the way. i dont know when she last molted all i can say is i've had her nearly 2 years and this is her first molt since i've had her and she looks beautiful. what i want to know is does this mean she's an old girl and would she still molt to grow although saying that she dont look bigger she just looks great if she is an old girl. the only real difference is she's a lot darker in colour.

Basically when a spiders on a growth curve they'll moult as and when they feel the need to (depending on how much they eat and how much "damage" there is to their exo skeleton), growing each time through to adulthood.
    When adult, the only real urgent need for a moult comes when instinct tells them the exo is worn or damaged, if the spiders in your care has eaten the correct amount, suffered no leg loss etc and hasn't felt the need to shed its urticating hairs to the point of going bald then there'll be a huge time gap between moults. They can still grow slightly when adult saying this, but the growth is so slight it's hardly noticable.
    We have a 8inch L paharybana here thats fairly stocky around the mid-drift but she's not moulted for over two years, she gets enough food to have put a bit of weight on through this time but is that docile that she rarely kicks hairs and is in top physical form so i'm assuming instinct is telling her she's not needing to moult any time soon. These are noted as being a fairly quick growing species but this ones just plodding along, as long as she moults a couple of times in the time her male suiters are growing to maturity we don't mind.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

thank's for your help and the info you've given me colin. from what you've said it sounds like she needed to shed as instinct kick's in. i must say that your reply was an interesting read thank's colin.

Comment

thanks for sharing such a nice info. "These are noted as being a fairly quick growing species but this ones just plodding along, as long as she moults a couple of times in the time her male suiters are growing to maturity we don't mind. "
        it really nice. Please keep it up.Clarkston gym and fitness
        Last edited by Jevon Nie; 14-04-12, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X