Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.boehmei & B.auratum abdomens

Hi @ all,
    not been on here for a while so apologies first... I am a little concerned about 2 of my T's as they seem to have rather large abdomens at the mo. My boehmei only recently moulted but has now got quite a substantially large abdomen, i feed it once a week on 1 medium sized cricket so i don't think over feeding is a problem ? My auratum is still quite pale under its bald patches (so don't think its in pre moult) and again i use the same feeding regime.

I'm thinking of not offering food for the next few weeks to see if this helps.

Any pointers or help would be appreciated
    My Collection:

well if they're really fat already...you probably could leave feeding off for a little while, til they slim down a bit!
    i'm not too alarmist about fat spiders, but there is a danger of them damaging the underside on the ground if it drags...
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Cheers James, i thought that there may be some other inherent danger with overfeeding? But like i say i didn't think that what i feed them is too excessive? cheers for the advice
      My Collection:

Comment

I have a similar problem at the moment - my L.parahybana ate a fair old amount last time he was fed (dropped an extra cricket in by accident and he caught it before I could take it out again, and I didn't feel like argueing with him over it lol!), anyway that was about 3 or 4 weeks ago and his abdomen is still HUGE whereas before he ate the extra cricket it was slim and after the extra cricket was a little bulky but I'm convinced it's actually bigger now! x
        Owner of:
        A. chalcodes "Rio", X.immanis "Cuervo" and OBT sling "Salsa"

Mummy of:
        Yelina (4 yrs old, RIP GBB juvie "Kama")
        Blake (2 yrs old, owner of juvie L. parahybana "Nachos")

Comment

I have given up feeding them at the mo, and just making sure that they have fresh water all the time. Never thought really that I would have to sign up 2 of my T's into "Fatfighters" lol...
          My Collection:

Comment

Working...
          X