Absent for a while - getting a new T!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absent for a while - getting a new T!

Hi all, I've been offline for quite a few weeks due to uprooting and moving house 70 miles from home to be with my partner and then having to get a job and settle in and so on. I was incredibly lucky and got a dream job just 2 weeks after moving and am loving it!

Cherokee, my G.Rosea, has settled into the new house happily. My old flat was freezing and I had to keep her well heated, even in May, but the new house is well warm enough even on cooler days and at night to not use the heatmat at the moment.

So now I'm settled in, got the fab job, sharing bills with other half and therefore got more money, I'm going to get T number 2 at the end of the month. I've decided on a B.Albopilsum, which was what I had originally chosen as my first spider, until the shop I went to stuck an RCF Rosie under my nose and I fell in love!

I'm going to Northampton Reptile Centre, which is only about 35 miles up the road now I've moved - I'm sure I've read someone on here recommended them? Seems they have CB09 Curly Hairs available according to their website, so I'm setting up a new spider house at the weekend and then the following week, off to get my new little member of the family. So excited!
    Last edited by Sarah Willis; 19-08-10, 10:13 AM.

you should enjoy the albop as they grow fast and only move fast when it's feeding time lol.
    I have a juvi that has kept the same personality with each molt and ever molt is another bigger t lol.
    My pzb ...E.campestratus is friendly/docile too.
    best of luck.

John.

Comment

i just got an albop yesterday, tarantula number 13, shes so calm, crawled out of the tub she was delivered in sat on my hand for a while then as soon as i housed her just wandered around and started macking her hide, shes ready to moult too ( would have been number 14 but the c.facsiatum runaway has not been found ) good luck with your new t
      Last edited by Mark Shingleton; 19-08-10, 05:55 PM.

Comment

From my experience you won't have any regrets seeing Lois and Anthony at Northampton, they're very professional and have a great deal of knowledge between them, plus if they don't know the answer to a question there's normally a member of staff that does knocking around.
        All the animals and enclosures were in tip top condition in the times i've been there and you'll probably spend a fair amount of time looking round as it's that interesting.
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Working...
        X