Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.Geniculata....trashing enclosure.

Hello,
    I wanted to ask any of your opinions about my A.Geniculata. Since i got him about 3 weeks ago now, keeps digging, and transfering substrate, from one side of the tank, to the other. I actually think its very cool too watch, but i have noticed that every time, i re-position the water dish, and refill it up, my "kaka", keeps fill it up with substrate.
    I should of called him Bob the Builder instead i think!

Anyone of you out there had a similar experience with your T?

Yes, I have had some experiences like that of you. In my case, one of them was my female Brachypelma smithi, who didn't seem to like the water dish at all and used to fill it with substrate (she made it several times). What I did then was remove the water dish for a while, and let her make some work in the tank. After sometime, when she was "happy" in the enclosure, I put the water dish inside again, in the opposite side of the tank. It worked for me, she doesn't seem bothered anymore, and usually it results fine.

Best wishes, Alonso.
    How much do we really know about tarantulas?
    P.S. Sorry for my deficient english...

Comment

My Acanthoscurria geniculata is a pet rock except on Wednesdays when I atempt to remove her waterdish to clean. Oh the battles we have

Or Saturdays when its feeding time at the zoo and anything that moves gets nailed.

She has a nice piece of curved cork bark which I have even dug out a cave for her dont think she has even glanced at it lol.

No my earth shifter and waterdish topper upper is Lasiodorides polycuspulatus who as Im typing this is stood beside her now empty waterdish having dumped her latest house extension waste in there probabley waiting for me to be a mug and fill it up so she can do it again!!!!!!!

Chris.

Comment

some of these threads are a brilliant read. really made me chuckle. i've had this happen to me before just removed the water dish for a while and put it back when the t settled although you might have to do this on more than 10 occasions lol.

Comment

not had this with my geniculata, like mentioned above its just a rock till feeding day, i kinda feel sory for the cricket, at least the other t's let it run a few inches and make it sporting, the geniculata is on it as soon as it lands, just a blur of black and white, fun to watch tho. but my aphonopelma new river has just started doing this sort of thing, she webbed up all the moss into one big ball, blocked her hide then tried making a new one under the water bowl, witch tipped over so i refilled it and she did it again...

Comment

Hey Thank you guys for all your replys, im still cracking up laughing from some of your experiences, is good too know that i have a normal Tarantula then.
            I actually have too still digg up the water dish that, i think bob the builder freaking cemented it or plasterded right under the substrate.
            I still haven't had to fight a battle yet, but soon i might have too though.

Thankx for make me laugh by the way peeps, keep the humor coming!!!

Comment

my B.smithi webs the substrate and rolls it in to a ball then carries it to another part of the enclosure and has done this since day one.
              the cork hide I put in is full of substrate and he/she has covered the top of it too.

John

Comment

Working...
              X