Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haiti Brown

hi guys,
    got a few new t's coming tomorro from tss.... a c.fasciatum, cuz my other ran away... a Paraphysa scrofa
    Chile Pink Burst (SA), replacement for the northern gold that died.... a b. vagans sling.... and a Phormictopus cancerides Haiti Brown sling.
    anyway, i was just looking on the tss site and noticed the haiti brown is about 20 to 23 cm adult size. i did not look at size when i ordered it and was expecting a 15cm adult size, oops. all i know of this sp. is what is writen on the site wich is just about the colour really. does anyone own this sp. and maybe have any advice... i know temp 25/28c and humidity 70/80%. are they fast?slow, docile or defensive... any other things i may need to know, thinking about house of spiders for the adult enclosure, got my geniculata house from them and if i could aford i would prolly get all my tanks from them.
    thanx

Although i personally have never owned a P.Cancerides i can tell you that they are similar in appearance to some of the South American T's in the genus Pamphobeteus, being a dark brown in colour. Im not sure whether it is just the males that are covered in the purple iridescence on the carapace and basal leg segments or not. They are not known for being docile and can grow to a decent size. If you set the cage up as for any opportunistic burrower it should be happy enough, i have heard though as slings they grow quickly if fed well. Thats about all i could tell you myself, but im sure some one may have more useful info.
    Tarantulas kept:
    0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Comment

They're nice spiders to keep, quite active and fairly fiesty tending to flick about rather than launch and bite.
      The slings are a lovely blueish colour which they gradualy lose untill they get to be a nice overall brown with a slight blueish hue in direct sunlight. The mature males can show a lot of blue/purple highlights and are very attractive.
      The largest female i've seen was around 7 inches, nowhere near the 20-23cm (8-9 inches) stated.
      Just give it a load of substrate and a few hidey holes and it'll thrive, They do better with a tank that would seem too big for them but as they are an active hunter they'll use the area to its fullest extent, they can be ravenous feeders so just keep an eye on its weight
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

This is my Boss Lady lol.

I think this pic was just before she made a dash for it over the side of the container

And one of her feeding

And one after a moult she seems to keep the purple colouring through to the next moult.

A truly magnificent beasty.

Chris

Comment

wow, she looks good... i think i made a good choice buying this one. thanx for the replys guys only had her a day and shes already playing up. the other slings went straight into their new homes but she decided to go for a run first. " oh, look at my pritty colours." Says she." very impressive, shut up and get in the house!" says I

Comment

Working...
          X