Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.geniculata molt

Hello again,
    Just had another one of T's molt today, my A.geniculata called "genie" have taken some pics, and looked pretty closely at them, and from what i've been told to look for, and read, it looks like a healthy big girl, if I'm wrong then please let me know

Click image for larger version

Name:	resize 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	95937
    My Collection:

Looks female to me
    www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Mackay View Post
      Looks female to me
      cheers for looking Craig, I might get round to changing it on my sig soon then
      My Collection:

Comment

most definitely female dave. why the sad face next to your avicularia versicolor sling have you lost it.

Comment

Unfortunately Vincent yes, the poor little fella only lasted 20 days. But have been able to get a new one plus the T.gigas and the Aladin, my 1st fatality which was a real shame.
          My Collection:

Comment

sorry to hear that dave. i've just received a versicolor sling myself and it is a worry as it's so tiny all i can do is my very best for it and keep everything crossed it makes it to being adult. i have read it can be quite a challenge bringing up these t's from very young so like i say fingers crossed. im sure everything will be ok with your new t's.

Comment

I too read that it's a challenge, but i suppose its one of those things... Like you so rightly say though Vincent, do your best and cross everything !!
              Last edited by Dave Grace; 10-09-10, 10:56 AM.
              My Collection:

Comment

Just another thing, do all T's have a tidy up after they have had a molt? Reason for asking is that she was picking away at her molt mat and moving it off of the cork that she likes to sit on, I thought for a moment that she was eating it!!!
                My Collection:

Comment

Some spiders show great housekeeping skills Dave, and yours seems to be one of them.
                  Some will roll all unwanted web up and deposit it out the way of their normal haunts (or drop it in their water to make life difficult for us )
                  Have you got a photo of the genic you can post, it's an old favorite of many keepers and i don't think anyone would get bored of seeing images of such a nice species.
                  Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
                    Have you got a photo of the genic you can post, it's an old favorite of many keepers and i don't think anyone would get bored of seeing images of such a nice species.
                    Hello Colin, yep she moved it into the back of her hide, so as I can't reach it . And here's a few pictures of her tidying up, she is a really good looking T, and I was rather chuffed to find out she is definitely a Girl...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Genie 1.jpg
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	94005 Click image for larger version

Name:	Genie 2.jpg
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	94002Click image for larger version

Name:	Genie 3.jpg
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	94003Click image for larger version

Name:	Genie 4.jpg
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	94004
                    Last edited by Dave Grace; 10-09-10, 12:00 PM.
                    My Collection:

Comment

Working...
                    X