New Tarantula for me :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tarantula for me :D

I recently through a family friend acquired a female G.Rosea nearly six months or so after Scooby died. Originally believed to be a male, it is now in fact over 10 years old, leading me to believe it is actually a female tarantula. To my surprise it had moulted on the journey over and is confirmed a female. Because it's original name was Bob we named it Bobbie. The cage it came in was fairly clean and well built, not to mention spacious, but the substrate is in need of a change. I'll post pictures later of her, she a beauty, but she looks like she needs feeding.
    UPDATE: Sorry I can't post pictures of her my camera is having one of it's annoying turns, but I'm kinda stuck. The coir I use for her substrate is beginning to mist and this caused problems with scooby, andbody know any remedies?
    Last edited by Sam Heaton; 06-09-10, 09:15 PM.
    "If you play with fire you'll get burned". Well I keep tarantulas so does that mean I'm going to get bitten even if I'm ultra-super-careful?

Short Answer: Yes (I have)(twice!!)(off a G.Rosea!!)

Originally posted by Sam Heaton View Post
    The coir I use for her substrate is beginning to mist and this caused problems with scooby, andbody know any remedies?
    Hi Sam, what exactly do you mean by mist? Is this mist like in excess humidity? I tend to find that coir retains moisture under what can appear a very dry top layer. This is fine until your Ts start to burrow and move the damp substrate up to the top or side of the enclosure where I then get to see condensation. I no longer mist my G. Rosea enclosure after reading an article that says it is not necessary. A very interesting care sheet can be seen in this thread http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=5292 (I hope posting this link is not breaching any forum rules). I now control my humidity by keeping a waterdish in the enclosure which I top up regularly and vary the amount of cage ventilation to keep humidity levels in check.
    There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

Nope you wont get told off for posting links on here

At least I hope not as I do it all the time lol.

Here is another link from Mr.Stanley Schultz about Grammostola rosea

Chris.

Comment

Working...
      X