New Member Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Introduction

Good day to you all! I must say that I am very glad to have stumbled across this site. Such a well laid out, well moderated forum. As a forum 'owner' myself I must say that it is a credit to its team.

When I get the chance I will certainly be popping a link to the BTS site & forum in our Forum Links in the Resources section if this is ok by 'the powers that be'? If there is an image that should be used I'm sure that this can be arranged also.

My other half & I have been keeping Tarantulas for a number of years now & the collection has grown quite a bit. With 2 racks set up for them and a few breeding projects in the pipeline it has certainly become a strong interest in our house.

My other half had to fight with me to get the first few into the house, being an arachnaphobe put a limitation on my interaction with them, but time and knowledge have helped me to get over this.

I have put as comprehensive a list as I could in my profile of all of the Tarantulas that we keep.

Looking forward to chatting & reading!

Milca

Hello Milca and welcome to the forum
    I'm sure you'll find plenty of advice and a sharing of knowledge here and I dare say plenty of opportunity to do the same for others.
    enjoy!
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Thank you very much Peter.

I have just popped a MM P. cancerides in the classifieds, I hope that my ad is up to standard, it's all so in-depth and I feel like quite the 'noob'.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I also had the initial problem of getting my first tarantula into the house as my wife and children were all set against spiders. Now it is my wife that either buys me new ones or suggests which ones I should buy! I must say that now the whole household is well into 'helping' me look after them.

I am typing this whilst watching one of my Curly Haired rearranging the layout of his enclosure - it is simply amazing to watch how much coir it can carry in one go.

I look forward to seeing your comments around the threads and yes the team here does seem to be doing a grand job.

Richard
        There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

Thank you Richard. Yes, I too am guilty of saying - "Get that one" on a regular basis now. It's a fret how things change

Comment

Originally posted by Milca Gabb View Post
            Good day to you all! I must say that I am very glad to have stumbled across this site. Such a well laid out, well moderated forum. As a forum 'owner' myself I must say that it is a credit to its team.
            Welcome Milca, and thanks very much for the comments.
            Originally posted by Milca Gabb View Post
            When I get the chance I will certainly be popping a link to the BTS site & forum in our Forum Links in the Resources section if this is ok by 'the powers that be'? If there is an image that should be used I'm sure that this can be arranged also.
            I'm sure this will be fine, if Mark Pennell (webmaster/admin) doesn't reply to this in the near future then just PM him and ask for a suitable logo/image, i'm sure he'll oblige.

Hope you enjoy your stay here, welcome on board
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Thank you very much Colin, I'm already enjoying myself thoroughly!

Comment

Working...
              X