Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medically Significant Bites

Hi All,

I was looking for information on which tarantulas had medically significant bites and came across this image of what could be potentially the leading contender.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Horrifying_Cute.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	95948

Its not the amount of venom thats the issue, its the fact that it is attracted to nuts

Be scared, be real scared!

Richard
    There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Hey mate-out of Tarantula's it's reported that Stromotapelma Calceatum have one of the worst bite's-but most old worlds are'nt too nice anyhoo's-not that i've ever been bit
    If these words he speaks are true,we're all humanary stew, if we dont pledge allegiance to
    the black widow.nahnahnahnahnah nah nah

Comment

S lanipes hurt!! can tell you that from experience.
      Makes a pokie bite feel like a nettle sting.

Where did you order your squirrel-spider from Richard, might be interested in a breeding pair
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

If it really existed it would be head of my want list - it just looks so cute even if it could give you a nasty nip. A few of my collection are supposed to have potentially significant bites. I make a habit of treating my tarantulas from sling to adult with respect and with my trusty camel hair paint brush to hand. Even a 1" sling can give you a nasty reaction from a very small bite - so far I have been lucky enough to not be biten although the way my King Babboon stands against his enclosure at a 45 degree angle giving me the beady eye makes me think he is lining me up for dinner ha ha.
        There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

Working...
        X