need info on sericopelma rubronitens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need info on sericopelma rubronitens

hi all i went to my local reptile shop today and they have what is labeled up as a panama red rump or sericopelma rubronitens which i found out on the net. trouble is i cant find any info or care sheets on this species. hopefully i can get some idea of what these t's are like on here as i would love to add it to the rest of the gang but i dont want it if it's to aggresive i dont do aggresive t's lol any info would be helpfull .

Hi Vincent, seems to be some basic care information for this breed on this webpage.

It looks suficient to at least get you started.

Best Regards,

Richard
    There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

richard thank's for getting all that info for me much appreciated. it seems they are fairly straight forward to look after but can be aggresive how much who knows i guess i might just have to find out just hope there not as bad as baboons and colbalt blue's. thank's again richard.

Comment

Vincent your welcome, I like finding out about new tarantulas just incase I come across them for sale. So far I have least information on my Iridopelma sp 'Reclife' and my Chilobrachys sp 'Aladdin' but thats not surprising as both are new additions to my collection. Of all the slings I have ever had only the Cobalt Blue has shown any signs of an attitude and the King Baboon sub-adult shows no signs when I open his enclosure he is normally then facing head first into his hide - but once I have closed his enclosure he comes to the corner nearest me and stands front legs on the wall, back legs on the floor and looks like he is eyeing me up for dinner (although they are supposed to have poor eyesight). I think the trick is disturb them as little as possible, don't intrude into their personal space and never let your guard down!

Remember nothing ventured, nothing gained. If you don't give it a go you will always wonder what it would have been like.

Richard
        There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

how right you are richard. upmost respect no matter what t it is thank's again mate.

Comment

Ours is scatty, a bit flighty, shows agression in the odd threat pose but thats it, after all it's a Sericopelma so it's sort of what you'd expect.
            Car and attention when performing any tank maintenance/feeding as per usual and you'll be ok.

As i always maintain, if you treat them like tropical fish and adopt a look no touch attitude then i can't see a reason not to get it. They're very interesting to keep and observe when they get settled and have a retreat "they" can fall back on to escape the big predator thats opening their tub for some reason .
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

cheers for that colin im still in 2 minds. im going to phone the shop tomorrow and see if they still have it there if they have i'll see if they'll let me pick it up friday. thanks for letting me know what yours is like by the way do you think it would be ok in a 12 by 12 by 12 exo tank as it looks about the same size as a smithi.

Comment

In my opinion the exo would be fine, i would fill up with substrate as much as it would take (sloping it up towards the back and packing it down), burrow some cork bark (flower pot halves) near the back to provide ready made retreats (and cover those with substrate too just leaving the opening clear), then i'd be tempted to lean some bark, logs or thicker twigs securely from floor to lid and add some hanging plastic plant giving it the oportunity to have a climb around.

Should look good and be fairly natural for the spider.
                Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

lots of info colin cheers mate. im glad it'll be ok in the exo as i have a spare one doing nothing. i didn't know these t's are climbers should be interesting to see how the spider copes and of course myself lol. i phoned today still there so i'll be picking it up on friday happy days.

Comment

Working...
                  X