Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distructive Blondi ?

Hello one and all
    Having rehomed matilda my female Blondi a month ago in a 18" square exo terra she has suddenly taken it upon herself to start tearing the polystyrene backdrop to pieces..Now this i find most unusual as normally shes content sitting in her burrow mooching around, but yesterday she went vertical up the backdrop in her tank and started ripping it to bits..shes still up there now being a most naughty spider!!...for a 10" Blondi these acrobatics are quite something!!!...maybe shes just bored?? anyone else got a Blondi who likes destroying stuff??
    all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

hi there colin i don't own one of these t's but i would say she's not happy in her new home if you know what i mean but as they say she'll have to deal with it untill she settles down. the thing is if you've moved her in to a new tank chances are there's new substrate new surroundings new smells and so on. i've heard that blondi's like the humidity high and deep substrate so if thats all in order i guess it's going to take time for her to settle in her new home. tarantula's dont like change but they do get there in the end. when she has settled and she's stopped wrecking the joint prehaps you could treat her to a brand new polystyrene backdrop lol hope this shed's some light on things for you mate.

Comment

I´ve heard many spiders tear down those backdrops. I dont use them, they go straight in the garbage can.

Comment

Originally posted by Jens Falk View Post
        I´ve heard many spiders tear down those backdrops. I dont use them, they go straight in the garbage can.
        They always get wrecked, by both tarantulas and scorpions, that's why i don't use them ... best to take it out, plus it gives more room in the enclosure!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Cockerill View Post
          They always get wrecked, by both tarantulas and scorpions, that's why i don't use them ... best to take it out, plus it gives more room in the enclosure!
          Sometimes B. dubia and similar feeders get traped behind the backdrop and that is not a good thing =)

Comment

Working...
          X