Looking for Red Knees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Red Knees

Dave Clarke at London Zoo has asked us if anyone can help them out. He is looking for a couple of adult redknees to use for their animal encounter days. They must be adult females with a decent temperament.

If anyone can help out then drop me a pm.

He is also looking for infromation on any of the red knees that are still going from their 1989 matings purely for dat collection. A number of "older" BTS members were tasked with raising them. Are there any still going?
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesCAGSAAY7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	94009

Click image for larger version

Name:	knees.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	94008

Well I thought you might like to see these 'red' knees - not sure if either is available though and bump this thread back up in the process.

Richard
    There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

Interesting photo Richard. I wont ask........

Cheers Ray
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Well they are not my knees (think the picture shows psoriasis) but mine do look quite similar from two motorcycle accidents in my youth where my knees and gravel met.

Richard
        There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

Comment

Went to one of these talks on Sunday afternoon. I've been away from my own little ones for a couple of weeks and needed a fix! It was really infomative and was targeted for beginners, also very informative. would have liked the Avic avic brought out as well to sit on the other keepers arm or something (not at the same time as the Brachy of course) and to be honest a full presentation on "Theraphosids of the World" would be a success in my humble opinion. The Bug House at the zoo was packed in the afternoon anyway, but then I'd love to see an expanded theraphosid section both at London Zoo and Chester Zoo. There would certainly be the interest in my humble opinion (but thats a different subject). If you're in the London area and you've got the time then get down there, SUPPORT OUR SPIDS!
          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
            I'd love to see an expanded theraphosid section both at London Zoo and Chester Zoo.
            Hi Nicola (and sorry Ray for taking this thread off on a tangent),

Seeing this mention of Chester Zoo reminded me of an advertisement I saw on holiday in Rhyl this year for an attraction close to Chester that uses the fear factor of tarantulas to drum up business.

I do find it slightly disturbing that an aquarium has to plug a feature involving non-aquatic creatures especially when the webpage in question has the title of 'See the world's deadliest creatures in VENOM at Blue Planet' and features 50 giant spiders in 'Tarantula Tower'. It also featured heavily in their promotional leaflets plastered all over the local attraction racks in shops etc on the north coast of Wales.

Well if this centre was setup to promote a better understanding of aquatic life and dispel common misconceptions held about them then I do feel this sort of inaccurate information on tarantulas does nothing to help dispel common misconceptions with the public who no doubt think this information is educationally sound.

Sorry for my rant but at least I now feel better lol

Richard
            Last edited by R Thomas; 24-09-10, 08:00 AM. Reason: My bad spelling

Comment

Working...
            X