Worried about Apophysis sling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about Apophysis sling

Just got back from the leeds show this year...dissapointing turnout and by god was the hall cold lol. Having said that thanks to all the suppliers and hosts for setting up the show and lets hope next year gets more deserved visitors.

I bought a T. Apophysis sling which looked for all intensive purposes healthy and well, i packed all my ill gotten gains for the day pretty damn good and when inspecting the spiders at home i noticed the slings back two legs had curled up at the bottom? I dont know whether this problem was there when i bought it or whether it happened mid transit (although the greatest care was taken). Will this problem correct itself with successive moults or will the spider autonomise them itself?
    Tarantulas kept:
    0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Originally posted by Mark Harrison View Post
    Will this problem correct itself with successive moults or will the spider autonomise them itself?
    Hi Mark,

Perhaps it is a little dehydrated after a trip in an air conditioned car? If so try either placing it into an ICU or at least increase the moisture available to it.
    If it doesn't improve on its own and it doesnt jetison its own legs then you can hope that at its next moult things improve. If not and the damage is severe then it might just not make it at all. I hope that things arent too serious and that it survives this ordeal.

Richard
    There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

You say the legs are curled up at the bottom, i'm assuming the "feet" end
      If it's just the last segment curling up (or under) then this could just be the result of getting stuck in its last moult, which will be corrected in the next more than likely.
      Another theory could be that the spider braced itself with these two legs if there was an impact to the item you carried them home in, again if there's no leaking of fluids it'll repair itself in a short time.
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Working...
      X