Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grammostola rosea RCF

Hi guys.

Bought a juvenile G.rosea RCF from Predatororprey.net a few days ago. It's a great addition to my collection. I'm into double figures now! Here's a few pics of her sitting on top of her cork hide.

Jamie.
    Attached Files
    My Collection:

Totally under-rated spiders in my opinion.

Everybody should have a few Grammostola species in their collection. They're not the boring brown spiders some people often descibe them as if you take the time to properly observe them.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Wicked spiders, as Colin say's they're very under-rated unfortunatly,... alot of the emphasis now is on big blue spiders or who keeps the nastiest baddest tarantula lol... bit like follow the leader.

But good choice there Jamie, not only a very attractive "clean" looking spider, but the best thing about Grammostola spp. is that they're very easy to keep, no special requirements.

Paul

Comment

Yes, I agree with you about Grammostola spp. They are good first and non-first species for our collection

Nice shots Jaime!!! The RCF variant is very beauty

Comment

Thanks guys. I couldn't agree more! Every collection should have one.

Jamie
          My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Cooper View Post
            Every collection should have one.
            Only one? Every collection should have more than one lol

Richard
            There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

The trends in the hobby never cease to amaze me. The good thing about some of the color freaks is that it protects some of the species from over collection and promotes captive breeding. Personally I'm glad people are into bright blue, or nastiest, or biggest, it means the native Aphonopelma in the US are under less strain. To be honest, most of the color freaks are only in the hobby for less than 5 years, even if their collection top out at hundreds of animals. If you want to impress me, get a G. rosea spiderling (captive born) and raise it to maturity, and watch it give into old age. A hobbyist with that kind of dedication is something to be respected.
              They've got oour names! It's the pris'n hoose for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
                Totally under-rated spiders in my opinion.

Everybody should have a few Grammostola species in their collection. They're not the boring brown spiders some people often descibe them as if you take the time to properly observe them.
                i totally agree i have the copper and a gray colour in my collection both adults. both of these i have has since slings and i am so proud that they are now fully grown adults . thinking about a cobolt blue now
                Last edited by jasonbotting; 07-10-10, 04:34 PM. Reason: unfinished reply

Comment

She's a beauty, I have an RCF too.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Elowsky View Post
                    ... If you want to impress me, get a G. rosea spiderling (captive born) and raise it to maturity, and watch it give into old age. A hobbyist with that kind of dedication is something to be respected.
                    Or better still, longevity records on several of the "Carlsbad green" tarantulas. Or, to top even that, a dozen Brachypelma emilia! That isn't just dedication. It's perseverance bordering on insanity!
                    The Tarantula Whisperer!
                    Stan Schultz
                    Co-author, the TARANTULA KEEPER'S GUIDE
                    Private messaging is turned OFF!
                    Please E-mail me directly at schultz@ucalgary.ca

Comment

Working...
                    X