Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novel way to dispose of unwanted Ts?

Hi All,

I heard this on the radio today and thought it made interesting but shocking reading.

He has been recognised as one of the country’s leading head teachers whose methods have helped achieve enviable results at his schools.

Makes you wonder what our educational system is all about

Richard
    There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

That really annoys me . Although it may be normal in Cambodia I also dislike the fact that it happens there too , just on a HUGE scale. Also annoying is the incorrect usage of the word poisonous, I am awfully pedantic haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Pritchard View Post
      That really annoys me . Although it may be normal in Cambodia I also dislike the fact that it happens there too , just on a HUGE scale. Also annoying is the incorrect usage of the word poisonous, I am awfully pedantic haha.
      The thing been is that the spider in question (most probably Haplopelma minax) would have been imported as a dead specimen, these spiders are eaten in the 1000s in Thailand and neighbouring countries and are to them what the equavalent of beef/chicken/lamb etc are to 'us' in the western world!
      Last edited by Paul Cockerill; 06-10-10, 12:15 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Well the fact that I always think is funny is that when people eat these delicacies, and they are asked what they taste like they normally reply 'well err ehm it tastes a lot like chicken'. Do you think in Thailand when asked what chicken tastes like they say 'well err ehm it tastes a lot like tarantula'?

Useless fact) It is currently estimated that there are around 20 billion chickens in the world or more than 2.5 times the number of humans on the planet!

If that is correct, and Tarantulas do taste like chicken, then why not just eat chicken rotflmao
        There are 3 kinds of Tarantula keeper. Those that can count and those that can't.

My Collection as of the 30.10.10

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Cockerill View Post
          The thing been is that the spider in question (most probably Haplopelma minax) would have been imported as a dead specimen, these spiders are eaten in the 1000s in Thailand and neighbouring countries and are to them what the equavalent of beef/chicken/lamb etc are to 'us' in the western world!
          Yer I remember seeing a documentary on it haha, nearly made me puke...I have trouble eating a tomato lol.

Comment

Haha thats funny, I was a student at St. Olaves 6 years or so ago. School certainly wasnt that exciting then.

Comment

Working...
            X